Jade - Two bedroom suite but not in Haven ..pro and cons ?

Benefits are exactly the same, except you do not have access to the Haven Courtyard/Pool.

The suite is very nice indeed, with a sitting area that includes a sofa, coffee table, TV, a counter for the coffeemaker and cordless phone, a cabinet for glassware, and a table that will seat 4 where the Butler will set up meals if you wish. The master BR has a sleeping area separated by a curtain from its very large bathroom, complete with two closets, a toilet area, a shower, a separate tub, and a very large counter with two sinks. It's really quite something.

The second bedroom is fairly small, with a convertible sofa and a pull down bunk. It has it's own bathroom, pretty much like any other cruise ship cabin bathroom.

The only drawback is a bit of a walk to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch instead of an elevator trip.

Edited by old sole

On the Jewel only Haven suites had reserved seating in the theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not so on the Jade, just got off a few weeks ago in a 2 bedroom suite, non haven. There were seats reserved for us at very show and our awesome concierge Omar was there to greet us every time.

Only difference is not being able to use haven area, having done the 2 bedroom haven and non haven on the jade we really did not miss it this time. This time we did a Caribbean sailing and last time was a 10 day cruise at Christmas in Europe and we booked the haven specifically because we thought the weather may have been cold and wanted use of the covered pool area. Did not miss it at all this time

We had use of the "reserved" seating area and not in haven. I am guessing (only guessing) that they use the Haven sign to reduce the number of people going there if it said SUITES. After all, there are a large number of mini suites that really are not suites.

And, to add to an earlier post - the 2BR cabins are identical. Have been in both. The haven does have 2 1BR suites that are identical EXCEPT they do not have the extra little bedroom/bath.

Thanks . Glad we get to go to breakfast and lunch in Cagneys . We are going to Norway so also glad to here about being outside in the colder weather . I am very excited .

I heard the beds to not separate in the mater bedroom . Is that true ?

We were in a 2 bed non-haven suite in January and was told by Omar that that area was only for haven suites. Omar was not my favorite. In fact I thought he was the worst we ever had, and we have had a few. It seemed he only wanted to take care of haven suites and it looked like to us that he only came around to make sure he would get a tip (which he did, but not as large as he would have liked). We then went to the show and looked up at the suite area and it was empty. Everyone else was great, we had a wonderful room steward and the butler was very good.

We are sailing again on the Jade in a 2 bed in November and I hope that he is better next time.

We were in the Haven last year and our friends were in a 2 bedroom non Haven. Omar was equally excellent with both parties. I think the guy worked very hard to please all suite passengers. I don't think he made the rounds at meal time when I've seen other concierges checking with passengers but he stopped by rooms daily to check on and see if there was anything he could do to make our vacations better and anything we wanted was immediately done. He also explained that for getting off the ship in ports it was done in order of arriving to lounge. So we were in the GV and he didn't pull us out ahead of everyone else. He treated everyone fairly.

The rooms are exactly the same. The 14th floor is nicer and kind of an oasis when you step off the elevator where all the staff know your name whereas the non Haven is an excellent room but just down a regular hallway. If price isn't much different then I'd choose Haven but the rooms are often considerably higher priced and so not worth it for many to just have the stepping off elevator experience and courtyard access. We didn't use the courtyard at all. I think I went in there one day to get some m&ms and realized they were the fake ones whereas our butler gave us the real ones.