Cruise Next

rrpierceod

Second, it says you can use the certificates for taxes on timeshares, has anyone done this? Share experiences? My parents have the Marriotts vacation club so if I could get $250 (or more) for free I would totally take advantage of this!!

No, it does not say that. Though I admit the writing is unclear, at best.

If you use a timeshare to exchange for a cruise, then you can pay the balance of the NCL transaction using CN. The underlying property taxes on the timeshare is a separate issue. The taxes referred to are "port taxes" and other junk fees collected by the cruise line.

I have 2 questions,

First, they say each person can buy up to 4 but under certain conditions you may be able to redeem 2 certificates. Is this per person? So if you are booking an inside cabin each person can use a certificate or if booking a balcony each person could redeem 2? Or is redemption per cabin?

Second, it says you can use the certificates for taxes on timeshares, has anyone done this? Share experiences? My parents have the Marriotts vacation club so if I could get $250 (or more) for free I would totally take advantage of this!!

Redemption is per cabin - not per person.

Thanks for the answers! Looks like not such a great deal then, for us anyway. :)

It is a fair deal, but far from a great deal unless you are SURE you are going to cruise. $100 or $200 is still good.

Many people buy it because of the lower deposit on the cruise. That really only has a time value and not a true money value.

Thanks for the answers! Looks like not such a great deal then, for us anyway. :)

It saves $125 per cruise and it acts as your total deposit. I consider that a great deal assuming you are going to cruise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It becomes per cabin and per person when you cruise solo. So for solos its actually a pretty great deal.
What's a nice deal and steal to one isn't, to someone else ... that's fine.

NCL stockholders can get another OBC for eligible sailing, $100 for a typical 7 days sailing ... if the rules & terms remained as is. (doesn't apply to us, just FYI)

Ka Ching $$$

Transfer and/or do the booking with a T/A instead of dealing with NCL (pro's and con's - some folks don't mind & like the extra "rebate offers") ... yet more OBC as in freebies. That also, can add up to lower the costs.

Ka ching $$$

As usual, follow the fine prints, T & C apply, etc. etc. Savings can add up nicely, stacked together and with good timing on "catching" the sales with extra deals, i.e free DSC last Fall or April's tax-free savings (the initial one).

It becomes per cabin and per person when you cruise solo. So for solos its actually a pretty great deal.

I was answering a specific question regarding 2 people in a cabin. I do cruise solo & always use them. I think it's a great deal whether solo or quadruple - it's $100 to $250 off your next cruise - depending how many certificates you buy at once & how many you are able to redeem.