Diamond Lounge on Jewel

I was just reading another thread on here discussing how, on Majesty, people were sneaking into the Diamond Lounge--or the roped off section of whatever lounge they used. And that got me thinking a bit about my upcoming back-to-backs in the Med on the Jewel.

I am accustomed, on my last few RCCL ships--Allure, Liberty, etc.--, to the completely separate DLs with card access only...and to the Elite Lounge on Celebrity ships where, of late, they close off the Sky Lounge and leave a person checking ID at the door.

I know that the Jewel just had a "Diamond Lounge" added recently...but, my question would be for anyone who has cruised on Jewel since that addition: How does this DL operate? Is it a separate room...or do they merely rope off that section of a larger lounge? Do they enforce ID check at entry? What is the appetizer selection like (read reports of sushi on Majesty--that would be nice). Any other comments?

I am sort of hoping access is well-enforced and that the numbers of D/D+ are relatively small. Nice to have the roominess and attentive service to which I've become accustomed.

The Diamond Lounge is on deck 13 front left section of the Viking Crown Lounge and its access is limited to Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinnacle C & A members. The appetizers are typically a nice variety and decent quality. The DL will be open for complimentary cocktails either from 4:30 - 8:00 PM, or 5:00 - 8:30 PM depending on itinerary. BTW every RCI ship we've been on has a separate room for the DL with card access only.

As to the number of D and higher, it can vary and if a large number exists they typically will close the VCL during those hours as an extension of the DL with access restricted to Diamond and higher members.

Most of our recent RCI cruises have had a large number of Diamond and higher on board and the DL was very crowed as well as the VCL. We will take advantage of other lounges with our three coupons as an option if too crowded.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was just reading another thread on here discussing how, on Majesty, people were sneaking into the Diamond Lounge--or the roped off section of whatever lounge they used. And that got me thinking a bit about my upcoming back-to-backs in the Med on the Jewel.

I am accustomed, on my last few RCCL ships--Allure, Liberty, etc.--, to the completely separate DLs with card access only...and to the Elite Lounge on Celebrity ships where, of late, they close off the Sky Lounge and leave a person checking ID at the door.

I know that the Jewel just had a "Diamond Lounge" added recently...but, my question would be for anyone who has cruised on Jewel since that addition: How does this DL operate? Is it a separate room...or do they merely rope off that section of a larger lounge? Do they enforce ID check at entry? What is the appetizer selection like (read reports of sushi on Majesty--that would be nice). Any other comments?

I am sort of hoping access is well-enforced and that the numbers of D/D+ are relatively small. Nice to have the roominess and attentive service to which I've become accustomed.

Then you're lucky you didn't sail on the Jewel a few years ago when on our Baltic/Northern Europe cruise there was just the "Diamond Event" nightly and all they served was Trail Mix ;)

Just a quick question: We are Diamond but will be traveling with friends who are not.

If we want go to the Diamond Lounge for our evening drinks, can we order our drinks and then take them out so we can sit with our friends in the Viking Crown Lounge?

Or can we just order our drinks directly from the waiter from the Viking Crown Lounge without having to go in the Diamond Lounge?

Since our friends changed their cruise to be with us, we don't want to leave them alone but don't want to miss out the chance to have our free drinks.

Please advise.

Thanks

Just a quick question: We are Diamond but will be traveling with friends who are not.

If we want go to the Diamond Lounge for our evening drinks, can we order our drinks and then take them out so we can sit with our friends in the Viking Crown Lounge?

Or can we just order our drinks directly from the waiter from the Viking Crown Lounge without having to go in the Diamond Lounge?

Since our friends changed their cruise to be with us, we don't want to leave them alone but don't want to miss out the chance to have our free drinks.

Please advise.

Thanks

In addition to the drinks on the lounge, you each get 3 drink vouchers per evening you can use at any bar.

Just to add to the above...The drink vouchers are only available for each of you to use during the cocktail hours for the DL...usually that can be 5:30pm-8:30pm...Also there may be some bars onboard or dining venues that you can't use your vouchers at...but we've noticed that depends on which ship you are sailing and it varies...always best to ask first....but definitely the VCL is one where you can.

There will be a letter from the concierge in your cabin giving you all the details you'll need as you know.

Enjoy sailing with your friends.

Please advise.

Thanks

If the ship on which you are cruising has the DL in the VCL then yes, you would be able to do that. And as Bob indicated, you will also have three nightly drink coupons loaded on your SeaPass card that can be used in the VCL as well as the other bars on board.

Sorry to be asking again but I am confused: Do we get UNLIMITED drinks in the DL PLUS vouchers ( pre-loaded on your seapass) for 3 drinks to be used between 530-8:30 at the other bars?

Or just vouchers for 3 drinks, even in the DL?

On our Baltic cruise on the Serenade JUly 2016, we were not Diamond yet, but we were with some people from our roll call who are Diamonds and they were drinking a lot more than 3 drinks per person and were not charged. Is that possible? We were all seating the the VCL, not the DL

Sorry to be asking again but I am confused: Do we get UNLIMITED drinks in the DL PLUS vouchers ( pre-loaded on your seapass) for 3 drinks to be used between 530-8:30 at the other bars?

Or just vouchers for 3 drinks, even in the DL?

On our Baltic cruise on the Serenade JUly 2016, we were not Diamond yet, but we were with some people from our roll call who are Diamonds and they were drinking a lot more than 3 drinks per person and were not charged. Is that possible? We were all seating the the VCL, not the DL

Yes - the complimentary drinks in the DL are unlimited. You also will have the three coupons pre-loaded each night on your SeaPass card for use outside the DL at most of the lounges around the ship during the cocktail hours. (There may be one or two lounges excluded). These expire nightly if unused and do not carry over to the next night. New ones are loaded on your card each night.

If, due to a large number of Diamond and higher, they expand the DL to include the VCL, then the drinks there will also be unlimited. In that situation, they will close the VCL to everyone except Diamond and higher during the cocktail hours.

I will guess that in the case you reference, if the VCL was not part of the DL due to high numbers of Diamonds and higher on board, it may have just been bartenders who were being "generous" with their drinks to the Diamonds there. We have witnessed this as well, and this is usually accompanied by cash gratuities to the bartenders in recognition of their kind efforts. But in most cases it has been due to the high number of Diamonds on board and the extension of the lounge to accommodate them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

BTW, my daughter is 18 on the cruise. Is she allowed to order alcoholic drinks in the DL or any of the llounges/bars on the ship.

Legal drinking age in Canada is 18. I know that in the US, it is 21.

What about on the Jewel?

We are cruising the Mediterranean + Greek islands.

We have Early Dining with the same friends in the MDR.

Do my 3 drinks vouchers apply in the MDR or only in the lounges and bars?

For years, the vouchers were only good at bars, and specifically excluded at restaurants, including the MDR. However, very recently, people have reported being able to use them in the MDR. I'm not sure if this is a fleetwide change, or something particular to one ship or hotel director.

I'd ask the waiter if the vouchers can be used in the MDR and would not be surprised if they say no.

BTW, my daughter is 18 on the cruise. Is she allowed to order alcoholic drinks in the DL or any of the llounges/bars on the ship.

Legal drinking age in Canada is 18. I know that in the US, it is 21.

What about on the Jewel?

We are cruising the Mediterranean + Greek islands.

Canadian laws will not apply on board. The rules for drinking on board area as follows: Any itinerary originating in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia the drinking age on board is 18. Any itinerary originating in North America, or that includes a US port of call regardless or origination, the drinking age is 21. So your daughter will be legal on Jewel at 18 with your itinerary. Local laws applicable to your ports of call will determine the age on shore.

Do the 3 drinks vouchers apply to all drinks? Or am I restricted to certain drinks?

I remembered seeing somewhere on CC a list of drinks that is offered in the DL. Was it you, Bob,who posted it?

If yes, could you post it again, please?

Thanks

Do the 3 drinks vouchers apply to all drinks? Or am I restricted to certain drinks?

I remembered seeing somewhere on CC a list of drinks that is offered in the DL. Was it you, Bob,who posted it?

Thanks

They would typically apply just to the drinks offered in the DL. Hopefully Bob or someone can post that list. :)

Thanks

You are restricted to the same drinks that they would serve in the DL/CL.

This is an example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52025823&postcount=85