Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

Seems to be true that Princess does not 'police' their policies regarding perks of status. Laundry is one example and on last cruise on Sapphire Princess in Asia, two 'Elites' were giving many bags of laundry (all belonging to their friends/family), almost daily. This from my observation and also as told by cabin steward. It is not the perks that are the problem, totally how some are abusing the system. Can be easily fixed if Princess put limits on these freeloaders.

RCL loyalty program only requires cruising 80 nts to get to a loyalty level, which among other benefits, allows access to a dedicated lounge where there is a nightly free ‘happy hour’ that goes for 3.5 hrs!

Now, when I look to a cruise I have to ask myself “.....hmm!....do I want Princess free laundry, or RCL free booze? Not a hard choice! [emoji481]🥃[emoji483]

And of course on the RCL board you'll find all the complaining about how the Diamond Lounges are too full and it's getting to hard to get those free drinks because you can't even physically get in the lounge. (And I know, they also do the load 3 free drinks on the card thing that can be used during the same time period, but there seems to be a lot of inconsistency on where those can be used).

So as long as a perk is available, people will tend to find ways to complain about it :)

It's been reported on this board for quite a long time that the determination on whether to hold a luncheon or a cocktail party for the most traveled passengers is the Captain's call. It is nothing new.

A captain circle host has also told me the cocktail parties are actually more expensive accounting wise. Think about it, 40 or more people having two drinks each at say to keep it simple $10/drink. That is additional $800 billed to event instead of the few bottles of wine provided at luncheon.

Seems to be true that Princess does not 'police' their policies regarding perks of status. Laundry is one example and on last cruise on Sapphire Princess in Asia, two 'Elites' were giving many bags of laundry (all belonging to their friends/family), almost daily. This from my observation and also as told by cabin steward. It is not the perks that are the problem, totally how some are abusing the system. Can be easily fixed if Princess put limits on these freeloaders.

I was on a cruise once and someone behind in the line at passenger services was there because she'd put her non-elite husband's laundry with her (she's elite) stuff, and they'd charged for the men's stuff. So, I think someday laundry will follow the unlimited internet for elite and then for suites that's gone by the wayside.

I also have a friend who used to do large family cruises and her parents would get a suite. 20 of them would use the free suite internet. She's part of why they don't get it anymore.

And of course on the RCL board you'll find all the complaining about how the Diamond Lounges are too full and it's getting to hard to get those free drinks because you can't even physically get in the lounge. (And I know, they also do the load 3 free drinks on the card thing that can be used during the same time period, but there seems to be a lot of inconsistency on where those can be used).

So as long as a perk is available, people will tend to find ways to complain about it :)

This is basically what we've experienced on Disney--the reception changed from a lovely buffet spread of munchies (loved the coconut shrimp) to a few trays being carried around by servers who might not ever come over to your table...and decent drinks to limited numbers of watered down rum punch. And again, a server might not ever get to you in the crowd.

It's been reported on this board for quite a long time that the determination on whether to hold a luncheon or a cocktail party for the most traveled passengers is the Captain's call. It is nothing new.

Well it is to me!

The Princess cruise that I went on last May 2017, on the Golden out of Sydney, definitely had the lunch! I know, I was at it! [emoji2]

The cruise on the Diamond in Dec 2017 was the first time it was not done from my experience! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A captain circle host has also told me the cocktail parties are actually more expensive accounting wise. Think about it, 40 or more people having two drinks each at say to keep it simple $10/drink. That is additional $800 billed to event instead of the few bottles of wine provided at luncheon.

You can also order a cocktail at the luncheon.

And when you say $10/drink, that is what they may charge passengers. Cost to the cruise line is probably around $2. Remember, the cruise line is not paying the taxes which are what makes alcohol so expensive on land.

You can also order a cocktail at the luncheon.

And when you say $10/drink, that is what they may charge passengers. Cost to the cruise line is probably around $2. Remember, the cruise line is not paying the taxes which are what makes alcohol so expensive on land.

In my experience most passengers at MTP lunch do not order a cocktail. Yes the actual cost to Princess for the cocktails is minimal but they still account/track for the value given. A fellow MTP guest at cocktail party was miffed when circle host told him they already closed out bill. Head bartender just gave him another drink to avoid a scene.

i also have a friend who used to do large family cruises and her parents would get a suite. 20 of them would use the free suite internet. She's part of why they don't get it anymore.

This is one of the reasons we have stopped doing Christmas cruises. Our last one was on the Royal the first season she came out. We had a suite on the deck where the conceige lounge was located. There were many suites which were occupied by gramma and grammpa. I daily witness people stopping at the pH suites and saying " give me the key for the lounge". The food was always gone and it was full of kids running wild. One day I stopped to look through one of he books that was marked "do not take out". There was a group sitting around and for a hour, people would knock at the door until it was full of their friends and family. Staff has limited hours there and of course they did not do this during those hours.

On the last day, that was suppose to be the disembarkment location for suite people but one family had twenty some people in there.