Mr and Mrs ?

middy

During my recent Princess cruise on arriving at our cabin we found a different name beside it.

We checked at the pursars desk and they said that it was definitely ours.

We went on to receive a phone call asking where the other people would be dining.

Tour tickets for the other couple.

Anniversary cake and card from captain.

Does this happen often ?

Yes I think this kind of thing does happen often and not only on Princess!

We were on HAL's Zuiderdam last year - my sister and her fiancee very kindly let me share their suite for one week (before my boyfriend came out to join us on another ship)... Imagine my sister's dismay when there was a 'congratulations' card and bottle of wine with her fiancee's name on it and 'wait for it' - MY NAME! when we arrived in the cabin. We had not advised them of any celebration of any kind prior to our arrival, but we thought it was all really a bit of a laugh. But on a serious note - so much for 'attention to detail'.....

Yes I think this kind of thing does happen often and not only on Princess!

We were on HAL's Zuiderdam last year - my sister and her fiancee very kindly let me share their suite for one week (before my boyfriend came out to join us on another ship)... Imagine my sister's dismay when there was a 'congratulations' card and bottle of wine with her fiancee's name on it and 'wait for it' - MY NAME! when we arrived in the cabin. We had not advised them of any celebration of any kind prior to our arrival, but we thought it was all really a bit of a laugh. But on a serious note - so much for 'attention to detail'.....

I sailed on RCCL Explorer and was able to get a "suite upgrade" at the pier. My guess is someone cancelled at the last minute. I received several gifts to my cabin with these other people's names on it. My room steward told me to keep them...... The conceriage didn't have my name and kept addressing me as the other people...

I was surprised by our name card said Mr Al Lewis and Mrs Susan, not Mr and Ms. I guess they assume with same last name we were married (we are) but nothing in the cruise tickets, etc asked if we were married or not.

Once on an airplane, by pure luck, I was sitting next to someone with the same last name and they assumed we were Mr and Mrs, quite a laugh since we were both men! The flight attendant never looked up, just came by and said, "Welcome aboard Mr and Mrs Lewis", the whole cabin broke out laughing and the flight attendant, once she realized her mistake, turned several shades of red.

Never happened to us.

A little slip-up is to be expected from time to time.

My wife uses a different last name than I - on one trip, they had us assigned to different tables in the dining room. Quickly fixed!

Oooh, Lucky!!

During my recent Princess cruise on arriving at our cabin we found a different name beside it.

We checked at the pursars desk and they said that it was definitely ours.

We went on to receive a phone call asking where the other people would be dining.

Tour tickets for the other couple.

Anniversary cake and card from captain.

Does this happen often ?

I would imagine the other couple was probably supposed to be assigned to that cabin. Perhaps they upgraded at the last minute and the paperwork was slow to catch up with them?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I was surprised by our name card said Mr Al Lewis and Mrs Susan, not Mr and Ms. I guess they assume with same last name we were married (we are) but nothing in the cruise tickets, etc asked if we were married or not.

Once on an airplane, by pure luck, I was sitting next to someone with the same last name and they assumed we were Mr and Mrs, quite a laugh since we were both men! The flight attendant never looked up, just came by and said, "Welcome aboard Mr and Mrs Lewis", the whole cabin broke out laughing and the flight attendant, once she realized her mistake, turned several shades of red.

My brother and I shared an apartment for 6 months several years ago. On several internet websites that share personal information my brother is listed as married, which he is, but then when you get down to spouse name it has my name instead of my SILs. Out in public people have assumed we're married after we've introduced ourselves, so we've learned to just take it as an opportunity to make it into an Arkansas joke (like the tree doesn't fork).

We made some friends here on CC prior to our last cruise who happened to have the same last name as us. We'd happened to book through the same TA, and when we all got upgraded, they TA assumed we were all related and put us all in cabins next to each other, which was great because we hung out with them a lot on the cruise and they're great people. :)

On one cruise, because they had me down as Ms. instead of Mrs., the cabin steward assumed that we were brother and sister and set up the beds as twins instead of a queen. It was quickly remedied when we explained we were married.

Archived