Deposit Question

We are booked for spring break 2018 on a Disney cruise out of Florida. It takes us a two day drive to and from. I am thinking about cancelling the spring break on Disney and doing a 4 night on the Vision out of Galveston, which will be less than half the price and only a 4 hour drive to get there. I can't make up my mind and thought about booking it while the sale is on. I will have to cancel one after making up my mind. It is my understanding that the non-refundable deposit does not go into effect until July, correct? So if I book now and then decide to cancel in August will I get my refund since I booked before the non-refundable deposit went into effect or will it convert. Also, how do you get your deposit back? Do they refund the credit card, give you credit towards another cruise, mail a check?

I believe the non-refundable deposit will only be for certain types of fares, and you can still get a refundable deposit by paying a bit more on the cruise fare. Since this is not in effect yet, it's hard to know details. In any case, if you do get a refund, it goes back to the credit card that made the deposit.

If you've never done a Disney cruise and you have younger kids. Definitely splurge on DCL. You will see the Disney difference and why they charge more. They're fantastic. You'll have a ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you've never done a Disney cruise and you have younger kids. Definitely splurge on DCL. You will see the Disney difference and why they charge more. They're fantastic. You'll have a ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have! As a matter of fact we have #11 Disney booked out of Galveston in November and just booked the EBPC in October 2018! That's why I'm thinking I "maybe" can give up the spring break one in favor of missing less time at work and saving a little money!

Edited by socaintexas