Platinum Plus Officers Dinner?

TVLady3

Who from the CruiseNext department did you talk to? The CruiseNext manager?

Yes... I am sure she was the manager. The other girl was new and asked her about dinner with the officers. The rest of the conversation was with the manager.

@Koala_D

We are both P+, leaving Oct15 on Getaway on a 2-week TA. We do not expect any extra recognition or treatment. Being in the longer check-in line with the ‘Great Unwashed’ und many more agents can be faster than the P+ Line with only one or two agents. And dinner with the captain? Thank you, but I’d rather have an enjoyable dinner with my Love. Yes, she feels the same way :) And that after 60 years. What do we get for being P+? Good memories of many enjoyable NCL cruises.

Apparently the points you raise are important to you. I get that. But to us that is the small stuff about which we are not supposed to perspire (sweat). J

@Koala_D

We are both P+, leaving Oct15 on Getaway on a 2-week TA. We do not expect any extra recognition or treatment. Being in the longer check-in line with the ‘Great Unwashed’ und many more agents can be faster than the P+ Line with only one or two agents. And dinner with the captain? Thank you, but I’d rather have an enjoyable dinner with my Love. Yes, she feels the same way :) And that after 60 years. What do we get for being P+? Good memories of many enjoyable NCL cruises.

Apparently the points you raise are important to you. I get that. But to us that is the small stuff about which we are not supposed to perspire (sweat). J

I also agree. My trip is for me, and where it takes me, off the ship. :) The ship is cheap, meals, lodging and transportation only, for me.

I'd much rather there were NO perks and the cruise rates lowered. :)

I'd much rather there were NO perks and the cruise rates lowered. :)

I might agree, but it is a poor policy to make promises that aren't kept. I did a back-to-back on the Breakaway, signed up for the dinner both weeks, and neither was offered. I was told it's up the hotel director. Perhaps he should get in touch with the CruiseNext marketing department in Miami.

We have yet to attend a P+ dinner. Is it just the same dining room menu? Do most folks dress up for it?

Yes you order off the dining room menu. Most people wear nice clothes- like you would wear to church or something like that. It is usually a very interesting evening. The last time I did it- there 4 tables of 8 plus the host officer ( mine happened to be the Staff Captain).

Yes you order off the dining room menu. Most people wear nice clothes- like you would wear to church or something like that. It is usually a very interesting evening. The last time I did it- there 4 tables of 8 plus the host officer ( mine happened to be the Staff Captain).

I really enjoy the dining with an officer meals. We have met some very interesting people. At one dinner, everyone at the table was invited to a special behind the scenes tour. Not what you usually see, but more of the engineer's perspective.