Platinum Plus Officers Dinner?

TVLady3

On what day do they have the Platinum Plus Officers Dinner on the Breakaway on a Bermuda cruise? (Sunday-Sunday sailing)

Friday night at 8:30. One dinner. Sign up at the cruisenext desk. Friday, you leave port at 3:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did this on the Sun. It was only for Platinum Plus members and you had to sign up for the dinner at the Cruise Next desk by 9pm the first day of the cruise (same for the behind the scenes tour).

We didn't have our dinner (with the Chief Engineer) until the second week of our cruise. We only saw two tables hosting in the main dining room.

We just did this on the Sun. It was only for Platinum Plus members and you had to sign up for the dinner at the Cruise Next desk by 9pm the first day of the cruise (same for the behind the scenes tour).

We didn't have our dinner (with the Chief Engineer) until the second week of our cruise. We only saw two tables hosting in the main dining room.

Which day did you have the dinner o the Sun?

We were just on the Sun 14 night cruise also and I had dinner with the Captain and the spa manager on the first Friday of the cruise. Dinner was in the main dining room. Because of it being a 14 day cruise it might vary from a regular 7 night cruise on what night the dinners with the officers would be.

If there are 2 people in a stateroom and only one is platinum plus, will the other person be included in the dinner with officers?

Last week, on the Breakaway, the answer from the CruiseNext people was "we'll make the request and let you know". Don't know if it was granted or not,,,, I suppose it was based on availability of extra seats.

Last week, on the Breakaway, the answer from the CruiseNext people was "we'll make the request and let you know". Don't know if it was granted or not,,,, I suppose it was based on availability of extra seats.

Exact same experience I had as Plat Plus travelling with non Plat. Plus, however after asking permission from I guess Hotel Director they did allow it for us. Doesn't make sense to not to in my opinion, so Wife goes to dinner and Hubby does what, eats alone!

• 3 months later...

Platinum Plus ---- told NO DINNER WITH OFFICERS offered because of "safety reasons". WHAT ????? It was a typical Alaska cruise.... no hurricanes. When I pursued this I was told "It's not really special anyway... you only have dinner in the complimentary dining room... so it's nothing special." My mouth dropped open hearing that? This person was NOT new and should have thought about what she was saying. She told me my big Platinum Plus perk was "nothing special" !!! WoW !!! I still pursued the matter and said on a similar Alaskan cruise 5 months ago we had dinner with the captain. THEN she said "The captain just got back from vacation and he doesn't want to do a dinner with the guests." OK........ SO------ she shouldn't tell ME that! I did Behind the Scenes a few months ago on this ship... didn't need laundry..... did get the 60 minutes of Internet (it was so slow this trip that I read my emails 2 times and used up all 60 minutes! --It was very fast on my last trip.) We had no special treatment when boarding the ship... no special line or greeting at check-in. Nothing special getting off the ships. No special seating for shows (but the theater wasn't filled anyway. Basically all I got for my Platinum Plus category was a slow internet and an extra bottle of water.... not much more than Platinum received. Not happy with that. Anyone else had a similar experience with the dinner perk yet ?????

Platinum Plus ---- told NO DINNER WITH OFFICERS offered because of "safety reasons". WHAT ????? It was a typical Alaska cruise.... no hurricanes. When I pursued this I was told "It's not really special anyway... you only have dinner in the complimentary dining room... so it's nothing special." My mouth dropped open hearing that? This person was NOT new and should have thought about what she was saying. She told me my big Platinum Plus perk was "nothing special" !!! WoW !!! I still pursued the matter and said on a similar Alaskan cruise 5 months ago we had dinner with the captain. THEN she said "The captain just got back from vacation and he doesn't want to do a dinner with the guests." OK........ SO------ she shouldn't tell ME that! I did Behind the Scenes a few months ago on this ship... didn't need laundry..... did get the 60 minutes of Internet (it was so slow this trip that I read my emails 2 times and used up all 60 minutes! --It was very fast on my last trip.) We had no special treatment when boarding the ship... no special line or greeting at check-in. Nothing special getting off the ships. No special seating for shows (but the theater wasn't filled anyway. Basically all I got for my Platinum Plus category was a slow internet and an extra bottle of water.... not much more than Platinum received. Not happy with that. Anyone else had a similar experience with the dinner perk yet ?????

I am a Platinum Plus cruiser and only once have not had an Officers Dinner. That particular cruise was very very unusual. I just finished an Alaskan cruise on The Jewel and was certainly received special treatment.

We did the escape last month, the line at the desk on the first night was over 30 people each time I went to try join it. You had to be at the desk before 9pm to book the backstage tour, to even be told when the latitudes party would be and sign up for the dinner. A note was left in the cabin to say 'come to the desk to find out when the party will be'. A lot of work to get our earned benefits. We had to unpack and eat dinner also before 9pm so when we got there we were told that we'd missed it however 'out of the kindness of one of the team were putting on another as lots missed being seen before 9pm'. It was a port day whilst in port so couldn't make it. We asked for our 2nd laundry voucher and was handed a cruise next form to complete, when we repeated ourselves that we asked for a voucher for laundry not a cruise next form we were told oh I'm not breaking up booklets to give you that. This was so different from the star and epic who fell over themselves to welcome repeat cruisers. We don't need the attention but the escape only wanted as many face to face opportunities they could get to sell vouchers and cruises and it was rather too much work to get what we had already earned. I've given my feedback to ncl.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One cruise, I actually got called and asked if I were going, but declined. :) I've found them pretty dull and strained. :)

As for the Latitudes party complaint- there should have been a posted sheet that you could have read with the repeater party information. That has been out on every sailing I have done since the new levels- 8 cruises.

Speaking to the Hotel Director would probably have solved all these issues, immediately.

Who from the CruiseNext department did you talk to? The CruiseNext manager?