Play Guess the Guests Game

steverhodes

My wife and I have usually fun on the plane on the way over by attempting to guess the guests who will be also be on our cruise (we usually expand it to be those on any Viking cruise). Once we've pick our candidates out, we keep an eye on them when they get their bags at baggage claim to see if they head to a Viking rep. We've guessed some correctly more often than you might expect. It's a fun way to pass the time.

Speaking of games. What class are we flying in this picture where our feet can't even touch the seat in front of us? This was our way to our Viking Cruise last September (2016) in Portugal, which turned out to be a phenomenal trip.

367dea9950009e20603af4dc7f677072.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our first Viking river cruise, Romantic Danube, we saw a couple in the Philly airport with the red Viking luggage tags. They were on our flight, so we said hello. Come to find out, they were heading in for a pre-extension in Budapest, so they were a few days behind us all along the Danube. Those red Viking tags are a give-away!

On our first Viking river cruise, Romantic Danube, we saw a couple in the Philly airport with the red Viking luggage tags. They were on our flight, so we said hello. Come to find out, they were heading in for a pre-extension in Budapest, so they were a few days behind us all along the Danube. Those red Viking tags are a give-away!

We can frequently guess right by looking at the couple's ages, language, clothing, etc. We get more wrong than right but it helps pass the time.

Sometimes feel sure enough to ask and have made friends that way.

Watch out about those Viking tags. Our guide in China told a story about them picking up all of the Viking tagged luggage and driving it quite a way to the hotel only to realize they had 35 of the 34 bags they were supposed to have. Someone not on the trip had left his Viking tag on from a previous Viking trip.

What class are we flying in this picture where our feet can't even touch the seat in front of us? This was our way to our Viking Cruise last September (2016) in Portugal, which turned out to be a phenomenal trip.

The common guess of Premium Economy is wrong. I am my own DIY travel agent. I love using seatguru.com to look for seating anomalies.

On this Lufthansa plane that we flew from DFW to Frankfurt, the first row of regular Economy seats behind the Premium economy section had almost an extra foot leg space. We literally had more legroom and better seats than those paying a thousand more. I lookedat their food. It wasn't much better than ours.

We did the guessing game in a restaurant in Auckland, guessed right, introduced ourselves, became friends with the couple on the ocean going ship.

And tags are indeed misleading. I guessed a passenger wrong who used his APT backpack on the pre-trip of a Regent cruise. We still have tags from our previous cruise on our luggage.

What class are we flying in this picture where our feet can't even touch the seat in front of us? This was our way to our Viking Cruise last September (2016) in Portugal, which turned out to be a phenomenal trip.

The common guess of Premium Economy is wrong. I am my own DIY travel agent. I love using seatguru.com to look for seating anomalies.

On this Lufthansa plane that we flew from DFW to Frankfurt, the first row of regular Economy seats behind the Premium economy section had almost an extra foot leg space. We literally had more legroom and better seats than those paying a thousand more. I lookedat their food. It wasn't much better than ours.

Are you bored since you retired?

Are you bored since you retired?

We are so busy now I would not time to work any more.

Had a great career in the software development world as did my wife but don't miss it. We aren't bored at all. Both retired at age 53 and continued our passion for travel and other stuff.

Speaking of games. What class are we flying in this picture where our feet can't even touch the seat in front of us? This was our way to our Viking Cruise last September (2016) in Portugal, which turned out to be a phenomenal trip.

Lufthansa premium coach....our favorite airline to Europe!!!

Regular old coach in the row right behind Premium Coach, which has same ( actually little more) legroom than Premium Coach. Only one row like it.

I'm impressed!!! :D Seat behind you looks like quite a bit less legroom.