Transportation from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral

kimberly1949

I have done this twice and both times it was cheaper to rent a car at the Orlando airport and drop it off at the rental place in Port Canaveral. They had a free shuttle to the port from there. It was so easy. My total costs for the rental was around $60 (including gas) each way which was about 1/2 the cost of getting 3 of us to the port via a paid shuttle.

I have done this twice and both times it was cheaper to rent a car at the Orlando airport and drop it off at the rental place in Port Canaveral. They had a free shuttle to the port from there. It was so easy. My total costs for the rental was around $60 (including gas) each way which was about 1/2 the cost of getting 3 of us to the port via a paid shuttle.

My mistake....it was $50 including gas but the savings was only like $20. I also like the flexibility of driving myself.

You can find more answers on the FL departure board. But, we've used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for about 10 years now. Always reliable, easy to use, and one of the less expensive ways. I don't want to deal with a rental car, but I know others do that. When I land, I would rather be driven to our hotel then have to deal with the traffic ourselves. And same thing in the morning, heading to the cruise, I want to just get on the hotel shuttle and go to the ship.

We booked Cortrans for our upcoming trip. Responded by email promptly. Email sent had very good precise instruction with pictures on where to meet at airport, along with ph number to call when get off ship to meet driver. Good reviews from this site and another site I've looked at!!! Better prices than ship transfer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can any one tell me what is the best way to get from the airport to the port ? I am traveling with a 7 yr old and a 10 yr old. Any suggestions is greatly allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you staying in Orlando the night before your cruise, or in the PC/Cocoa Beach area? :confused:

Or are you taking a gamble and flying in the same day as your cruise? :o

If flying in the same day as your cruise book one of the shuttles suggested above and pray that your flights are not delayed. If staying pre-cruise then use a rental car - cheaper and will give you the flexibility to stay, dine and shop where you want.