Snacks for Toddlers between Meals

JoyFrances

We have a new experience coming in January on the Escape. We are sailing with our son, daughter-in-law and 3 1/2 year old grandson. Kids need to be refuelled during the day especially with all that play and pool time. Can someone tell me where we can get quick snacks for him without having to pack Cheerios and granola bars and without pulling him away from his fun to go to the buffet. Thank you for your experience and advice.

Agreed - just grab some extra boxes of cereal (fruit loops or what ever you want) each morning - no one will say anything about carrying them out of the buffet - we do it all the time.

In addition to take cereal from breakfast, also take yogurt for the room so you always have something on hand. We take cereals off the ship to give to our children (fresh fruit is usually not allowed, and yogurt may not be off the ship).

You can always have someone run to the buffet and bring back food to the pool area. Fresh fruit, rolls, crackers, cheese slices, cookies, etc. are easy to transport to the pool to have on hand for snacks.

The one thing you DON'T have to worry about on a cruise is finding food!

That being said - if there is a special treat, i.e. my son went through a "I will only eat strawberry frosted special k bars" phase - consider packing a few boxes for the trip. We worried that he would starve - really funny in retrospect. We ended up leaving the boxes for our steward, as our then 5 year old ended up finding a few new favorites on the trip.

Agree with bringing snacks from the buffet - just pack some zip-lock bags to limit humidity, as some of the bakery items may crumble. You can also grab bowls, utensils, etc - no one blinks an eye.

Have a great time! Amy

We sailed with a toddler last summer and one of us would grab him a yogurt and some fruit from the buffet then take it to a table by the pool. We did pack some packaged snacks to take off the ship with us, but hey aren't needed onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually the processed components are really bad for them. Fish are obligate omnivores, and will eat pretty much anything in front of them (which is why bait works) but a lot of it will not digest and kill them later. It's not only cruel to the fish, it diminishes the experience of those who follow. If you really want to do that, bring some actual fish food. It's still not perfect, as its for aquarium fish, but at least not toxic.

Yeah you wouldn't want to spoil their appetite! ;p