Encore - Venice disembarkation

chefchick

Does anyone know which terminal in Venice Encore docks at? San Basillo or the main/large terminal? When I booked my hotel many months ago I assumed it would be the smaller terminal and found a convenient place, but now I'm not sure. I know in the past with the "smaller" vessels they usually docked at San Basillo, but perhaps someone here has the current answer? I tried searching for this info on my Seabourn documents and online but can't seem to get an answer.

I thought I would try here before calling Seattle. I can't really change hotels at this late date (we leave next week) but I like to know ahead of time so I can get my bearings before leaving the ship. Thank you in advance for any help.

August 2016 the large terminal was used. It can be confusing, fortunately our hotel organised a car to take us to the water taxi peir opposite the train station. The water taxi called up ready for our arrival a very smooth operation.

We overlapped with KoalaPanda last year and got onboard in Venice - now there is a tale! We handed our bags in and checked in in the larger port then had to get on a bus, oh, thought I this will be one of those let's take you 100m to where the ship is docked. Oh no, we were taken back onto the mainland and to a huge container port where poor little Odyssey looked totally out of place and ...... We didn't get our Venice sail away!

I think those who disembarked before us did get off at the large port and then, for some reason unknown, she had to be moved to the container port. We had done a Venice sail away before but those who hadn't (and many who had previously including us) were very disappointed.

San Basilio went bye bye along with the triplets.

Well. That's unfortunate. I picked my hotel in Dorsoduro because of its easy walkability from San Basillo (oh well, not sure why I assumed we would dock there). Plan B, now in effect...take the Blu Line to Zattere stop and walk a little farther.

Hopefully finding the blu line stop at the port and dealing with luggage won't be too difficult. Ahh, life is an adventure!

Well. That's unfortunate. I picked my hotel in Dorsoduro because of its easy walkability from San Basillo (oh well, not sure why I assumed we would dock there). Plan B, now in effect...take the Blu Line to Zattere stop and walk a little farther.

Hopefully finding the blu line stop at the port and dealing with luggage won't be too difficult. Ahh, life is an adventure!

That's why a water taxi is worth every penny when you have luggage.