Aqua class question about Select Dining in MDR

barric

We have an Aqua class booking for Summit in July. We asked our agent to choose Select Dining in the case that we chose not to eat at Blu for dinner on a given night. Our reservation now shows traditional dining, 6pm.

If we decide not to eat at Blu, can we just show up at the main dining room for dinner?

Do I just need to make a reservation? Talk to the Maitre di?

Do I need to call my TA and fix this?

If you are in an aqua cabin, you can not choose select dining (or traditional dining) in the MDR. Your assigned dining is in Blu. The website doesn't know how to accommodate that, so just ignore what it says.

If there is a night where you would prefer to eat in the MDR, then you can go to the select dining entrance and be seated. You don't have to ask permission. You can even call in the morning and make a reservation.

Your TA does not have to be involved at all.

We have an Aqua class booking for Summit in July. We asked our agent to choose Select Dining in the case that we chose not to eat at Blu for dinner on a given night. Our reservation now shows traditional dining, 6pm.

If we decide not to eat at Blu, can we just show up at the main dining room for dinner?

Do I just need to make a reservation? Talk to the Maitre di?

Do I need to call my TA and fix this?

It doesn't matter what the reservation shows. Your assigned dining room is Blu and the assignment to MDR is just an artifact of the poor IT system. If you choose not to eat in Blu, you go to the Select dining venue (which Aqua guests can do on a "space available" basis.). It's always courteous to tell the Blu Maitre D' that you won't dine in Blu. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

As you are booked in a Aqua cabin your assigned dining room is Blu. Don't pay any attention to what it might say on your booking reservation. Celebrity has IT issues. What we have done is tell the Maitre d' in Blu that we will be dining in Select Dining. Then we just go to the area of the MDR where Select dining is and give them our cabin number. In we went and had a table for the 4 of us.

It doesn't matter what the reservation shows. Your assigned dining room is Blu and the assignment to MDR is just an artifact of the poor IT system. If you choose not to eat in Blu, you go to the Select dining venue (which Aqua guests can do on a "space available" basis.). It's always courteous to tell the Blu Maitre D' that you won't dine in Blu. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Correct, if you are in AQ, your assigned dining room is Blu, you do not have a seat in the MDR, there will be a letter in your room explaining everything.

On the Summit last year we were in AQ. Many times we would either look at the menu for the MDR or ask our server to see one. We were always able to get the items off of the MDR. They can do this because on the M class ships they share the same kitchen.

Unless there are other reasons for wanting to dine in the MDR just ask your server as you will tend to always get the same one especially if you have one that you really like and request to be seated in their area.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

This was not so on Infinity in Oct...BLU was not very good...poor service, inexperienced staff, no help with anything,...land of No! Food often cold, or overcooked and dried out. First time it was like that on any ship in BLU.

We ate elsewhere more than usual ...Tuscan, Q sine, buffet and thec MDR the last night of the cruise. After looking at the menu at breakfast for dinner that eve, we called and received an early res in Select.. Great food, wine and attentive service...

Hoping BLU on Infinity has improved by our next sailing on her.,.,they need more staff, better trained staff and better service oriented attitude.

This was not so on Infinity in Oct...BLU was not very good...poor service, inexperienced staff, no help with anything,...land of No! Food often cold, or overcooked and dried out. First time it was like that on any ship in BLU.

We ate elsewhere more than usual ...Tuscan, Q sine, buffet and thec MDR the last night of the cruise. After looking at the menu at breakfast for dinner that eve, we called and received an early res in Select.. Great food, wine and attentive service...

Hoping BLU on Infinity has improved by our next sailing on her.,.,they need more staff, better trained staff and better service oriented attitude.

We were on the Infinity a few years ago and were also refused a request to get an entree from MDR menu. Asked our excellent waiter ever so nicely, but were firmly told no. I think the willingness to do this varies by ship. So, I wouldn't count on getting MDR dinners in BLU on all ships.

Just got off the Connie in May. Blu waiter would

Get us anything we wanted from the MDR Line.

Had a Blu manager on Infinity tell me it was not possible

We would look at the MDR Menu during the day and

If we liked the MDR menu better we would ask the Blu manager to arrange a table.

I normally will give a tip to the restaurant management

Which goes into the tip pool. This time my tip was

This is the first time I stiffed the restaurant manager

Because of his insistence that it could bot be done.

On Solstice class the galleys are not near each other.

We still check the MDR menu and asked for a table in

The MDR.

Ever since Solstice came out we sail in Aqua class

Exclusively. 10 cruises in AQ in with 4 more booked.

On the Summit last year we were in AQ. Many times we would either look at the menu for the MDR or ask our server to see one. We were always able to get the items off of the MDR. They can do this because on the M class ships they share the same kitchen.

Unless there are other reasons for wanting to dine in the MDR just ask your server as you will tend to always get the same one especially if you have one that you really like and request to be seated in their area.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

This is no longer being accommodated.