When in Haven what are your fav specialty dining restaurants?

packguru

In the past we have sailed in 2 mini suites, but chose the Haven aft penthouse for this cruise on the Breakaway. We are planning on using 1 night on the Cirque show so we are trying to chose our other 2 specialty restaurants. Not sure which ones to pick based on the Haven menu the rest of the week. Would love to hear from others! We really love almost all types of food and we enjoy variety!

Being in a suite (Haven or not) doesn't affect our favourite special restaurants - we use our loyalty dinner perks usually in La Cucina or Moderno and also usually always visit Cagney's once or twice (as you can see from the choice of La Cucina instead of Le Bistro for the dinner perk, we aren't big fans of French cuisine).

Teppanyaki is also a possibility now and then (nowadays usually only when we have newbies cruising with us) as we don't have hibachi restaurants here.

Thank you for the info. I was thinking maybe it would have an impact because Haven appears to have such a limited menu that does not change throughout the week.

Being in a suite (Haven or not) doesn't affect our favourite special restaurants - we use our loyalty dinner perks usually in La Cucina or Moderno and also usually always visit Cagney's once or twice (as you can see from the choice of La Cucina instead of Le Bistro for the dinner perk, we aren't big fans of French cuisine).

Teppanyaki is also a possibility now and then (nowadays usually only when we have newbies cruising with us) as we don't have hibachi restaurants here.

Thank you for the info. I was thinking maybe it would have an impact because Haven appears to have such a limited menu that does not change throughout the week.

While in the Haven restaurant, you do have the option to order any food item that is being served at the time from anywhere on the ship. It takes time (if you know what you want, make arrangements beforehand) but it can be done with minimal impact on the service of others. It could/would cost as if you were in the other restaurant. For example, an entree from Cagney's would cost a SDP credit or the a la carte price (depends on how you wish it to be covered). Food from complimentary restaurants are no charge.

La Cucina or Moderno's. My DH said he preferred the steak in the Haven (during nightly special) than at Cagney's. By the way, the Wild Mushroom Ravioli at the Haven restaurant is to die for!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In reality it really depends on your food choice and if you want to pay the upcharge for venues where it applies. People rave about Modernos, I think its ok. I really like their Teppanyaki, some people are meh. Not an Ocean Blue fan myself but see above... Etc.

One thing I would consider, if you are not into the sailaway party environment is consider using one for waterfront dining night one. We did that at LaCucina out of Miami and it was awesome. The restaurant was quiet so the service was exceptional, we sat outside for the great view and to be able to get up and take photos, etc. The server even offered to take shots for us so we didn't have to get up if we didn't want. Some of the crew even was in that area for sailaway and we made friends with some of them for the rest of the cruise.

Since it is the Breakaway I would go with Cagneys, LeBistro and Ocean Blue depending on your cuisine preferences. Moderno is good but very salty, LaCucina tastes like Carabba's to me. Teppenyaki is fun but the meal is just average. This is all based on my tastes and does not refect the opinion of others which may vary. The menu in the Haven used to be better but still has some of the best culinary choices on the ship. Don't be afraid to ask if there are nightly specials in the Haven or to see if the chef can make you something off them menu as they have done so for our family in the past. Enjoy your Haven vacation it still is one of the best values at sea.

My last cruise on the getaway we ate 5 of the 7 nights in the Haven Restaurant. Everything we had was amazing...and we never got tired of eating there. :hearteyes:

We always love to eat at Teppanyaki and Cagney's. Teppanyaki especially because that's not something common in my area.

I echo the folks above - the Haven restaurant is outstanding. It's not just the food, but the service. I am a vegan with limited Haven options, but every meal the staff went out of their way to make me something special with no delay to the rest of our family's meal.

There are enough choices so that you never repeat on a 7 night cruise, and with the option of nightly specials, you will never get bored.

Lunch is also lovely - limited menu, but we had a blast augmenting from the buffet. Cruise dining "not so secret" - hit the Asian and Indian options at the buffet which is better than most restaurants we have eaten in.

For specialty restaurants: Moderno has an incredible salad bar and great meat-options, and an amazing view. Cagney's was just "so-so" according to DH (the meat-eater) on Breakaway, but amazing on the Gem. My personal favorite other than the Haven was the sushi restaurant next to Ocean Blue - incredibly fresh food and the best people watching on the ship.

Hungry yet? Amy