RCCL Diamond Plus - captains club elite status only?

ALW2

Why does Diamond plus status in RCCL only transfer to Elite status on Celebrity, not Elite plus? Does Elite status allow you access to a lounge where drinks and coffee (more importantly for us) are included?

Why does Diamond plus status in RCCL only transfer to Elite status on Celebrity, not Elite plus? Does Elite status allow you access to a lounge where drinks and coffee (more importantly for us) are included?

The agreement between RCCL and Celebrity only allowed a match to Diamond and Elite. If you are a Zenith on Celebrity, you are a Diamond on Royal. If you are a Pinnacle on Royal, you're an Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge for Elites. There are many, many threads about this; however you will be able to participate in the Elite Hour (actually 2 hours). Check the Celebrity site for Elite benefits.

Celebrity doesn't have a set aside lounge like Royal. There is an Elite continental breakfast every morning in one of the specialty restaurants that includes mimosas & bloody Mary's along with lattes & cappuccino (normal time is 8-9:30). There is normally an elite event in the evening except for embarkation day & senior officer cocktail party.

Elite Plus only corresponds to Diamond on Royal. You have to earn the higher tiers on both lines

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As to WHY Elite Plus doesn't equal Diamond Pkus and Pinnacle doesn't equal Zenith,

No one at either management has ever provided a reason.

I heard from very good sources that Celebrity felt that they would be overwhelmed, especially at the Zenith level by the numbers of Pinnacles and that would cost them $$$!! Imagine what the size of Michael's Club would need to be if Pinnacles were included! There might be 200 Zeniths, I can't even guess the number of Pinnacle Level members. Perhaps someone knows? Even the cost of Elite+ benefits would grow significantly if Diamond+ would be included. I would benefit greatly when taking a Royal Caribbean cruise, but think they did the right thing by capping benefits at the Elite-Diamond level.

Orator, thank you for that explanation. I had often wondered about the ceiling on loyalty tiers between Royal and Celebrity. The discrepancy in numbers between the two cruise lines does make a lot of sense.

I would be curious to know how many Pinnacles there are on Royal, although as Diamond Plus, we will be in our nineties before we reach Pinnacle assuming we cruise at the same rate we have been, so I will be really surprised if we ever make it.