Norwegian Gem Food Photos! June 3rd-10th 2017

canvasowl

35097774691_6b9e696ea6_z.jpg

35187727046_2b04c3644b_z.jpg

Calamari was nice and tender

34383746404_58fa985f42_z.jpg

Seafood udon had a strange tomato based broth, was expecting something more like miso

35227606465_72e43dc7a3_z.jpg

Here is the shrimp and chicken noodle dish

35227604555_345a9c86c2_z.jpg

50 Shades of Grey roll wasn't at all like the menu described

34383745964_00399c0235_z.jpg

Didn't like the Two Timing Tuna roll either, the spicy tuna part was just a whole chunk of tuna covered in tobacco sauce. Nothing like the usual spicy tuna you get in a restaurant which is like a chopped up tuna in a spicy mayo sauce.

Very nice & good job putting together various food item pictures from the Gem, looked familiar afterall - and, it should be noted most of them, if not all - especially items from O'Sheehan's and the MDR lunch dishes, are practically identical across the NCL fleet ... for food addicts looking to see.

That (chicken) Pho soup served in the MDR must be popular - except that in DW's receipt, carrots are never used ... but I guess they need to substitute for what's not readily available. It could be served as an entree in a big bowl at Orchid Garden ... the soup broth was definitely better than the spicy soup based for the seafood udon ... OK, that's the food "critic" part of me in commenting.

Oh my gosh, I think I gained 15 pounds just looking at the food and menus. Thanks for posting! Curious - do they put notice of the special buffets (seafood, Italian, deck bbq) in the dailies?

GREAT pictures, thank you so much for sharing. Question, so the taco stand on GSC is no additional charge right? And the Orchid Garden is an a la carte restaurant? Thanks so much!

The taco stand was free! It was on the right side of the beach, while the buffet was to the left. Besides the 3 tacos shown they had about 6 or 10 different toppings like sour cream, guac, onions, lettuce. Didn't notice if they had drinks there, but the patron bar right next door had pitchers of water. And most of orchid garden is free, like the dumplings and noodles. No entry fee or anything. Only thing they charge for was sushi (not worth it) and two main dishes which had fancy steak or shrimp in it.