adding vacation protection after the fact

brepri_h

I booked my cruise online for the first time. I decided not to add the protection however, which I've always done in the past. Does anyone know if I can add this later and if so is there a time frame to doing this?

I don't use Carnivals insurance, others offer far more coverage.

I usually end up with either CSA or Travelguard through insuremytrip.com. And I've purchased it as little as 2 weeks before departure. However, if you don't purchase it within 2 weeks of your initial deposit, you forfeit pre-existing coverage.

Carnival's insurance payment due by time of final payment.

Actually, you can add it up to 7 days after final payment. I forgot to add the insurance at final payment last summer and didn't remember until the following week. I called in a panic and they added it for me.

I normally only use cruise line insurance if it is cheaper than a 3rd party. Now that we are getting older, the 3rd party rates are getting pretty high.

I always do better with the Princess insurance since they give me the platinum coverage for the cost of the regular insurance due to our status with them.

RCCL insurance has been pricing cheaper for us for years now.

Carnival seems to have really expensive insurance, so I make sure I check the 3rd party prices before adding it.

The biggest thing is whether or not you need pre-existing conditions covered and/or cancel for any reason coverage. If you choose a third party insurer and need either of those coverages you usually have to get them within a week or two of the initial booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The biggest thing is whether or not you need pre-existing conditions covered and/or cancel for any reason coverage. If you choose a third party insurer and need either of those coverages you usually have to get them within a week or two of the initial booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's why Nationwide Choice Cruise is such a great plan.