Cabin availability question

courticeguy

I'm looking at booking a 21 day cruise that is a combination of a 10 day and 11 day segment. My preferred cabin is available online on both segments but not on the 21 day listing. I had my TA call HAL but they were also told they could not book it. Does anyone know why they market this way?

To be honest, I don't know why it would be marketed that way. If you really wanted the same cabin, why not change your booking to two cruises, a 10 and 11 day? That way you could be assured that you won't have to change cabins for your 21 days on the ship. Just a thought.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Here is what you can try. (I don't make any guarantees, but it worked for me) Call HAL yourself tell them you want to book the cabin you want for 21 days. Explain that the cabin is listed in the 10 and 11 day cruises. Ask them to call inventory control and have them move it from the sections to the 21 day part. I am guessing that you will get a small discount if you can book it the total length of the cruise. Give it a try it can't hurt and you can always turn it over to a TA after you get the cabin you want.

When I see that happen for a cruise that I want to book, I ask my PCC to cal the appropriate person and ask to have the cabin moved from the individual cruises to the B2B. It's never been a problem. I think you just have to use the right terminology that they inderstand. "Take cabins from short cruise bucket and move it ti 21 day bucket." Hope you can make this happen.

Oops. Posting same time as Hflors.

Here is what you can try. (I don't make any guarantees, but it worked for me) Call HAL yourself tell them you want to book the cabin you want for 21 days. Explain that the cabin is listed in the 10 and 11 day cruises. Ask them to call inventory control and have them move it from the sections to the 21 day part. I am guessing that you will get a small discount if you can book it the total length of the cruise. Give it a try it can't hurt and you can always turn it over to a TA after you get the cabin you want.

Will HAL listen if poster is already working with a TA? If not, poster should direct TA to do this.

Will HAL listen if poster is already working with a TA? If not, poster should direct TA to do this.

If the OP is still in the talking stage with the TA, and not yet booked, then HAL isn't likely to know about it.

Worth a try, at the very least.

Success!! Thank you all so much. I requested my TA to ask them to move inventory and after being on hold for 1/2 hr they got it done.

The main reason I didn't want to book the individual segments, other than the higher cost, was that I assumed we would have to go through the embarkation process again at the turnaround and possibly have to totally vacate the cabin.

The main reason I didn't want to book the individual segments, other than the higher cost, was that I assumed we would have to go through the embarkation process again at the turnaround and possibly have to totally vacate the cabin.

Congratulations on getting the cabin moved to the Collectors Cruise.

For future reference, though, you would not have to pack, move, or do anything different due to Collectors, back-to-back, or any other kind of booking status.

In the US, those continuing on to the next cruise have to leave the ship and reboard when the ship has zeroed down, but they don't have to move their things off.

In other countries it is usually treated like any other port day---stay, go, do as you please.