Hotel in Venice

swanmark

Hi guys we are on the NCL Star in September out of Venice, we want to spend a couple of nights in Venice after the cruise, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel please, don't mind where even out by the airport, Thanks

The Plaza Hotel in Mestre is very nice and reasonably priced. It's only a five minute train ride to the Venice St Lucia station. My family stayed there pre cruise for two nights prior to our twelve night cruise on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam in July 2013 from Venice to Barcelona.

Hi guys we are on the NCL Star in September out of Venice, we want to spend a couple of nights in Venice after the cruise, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel please, don't mind where even out by the airport, Thanks

Please do not stay out near airport. Venice "Island" is really special. There are lots of options there and so many places to see that you can WALK to. We stayed near the train station.. see our blog below.

I recommend Hotel Arlecchino. It is one small bridge from a Piazzle Roma (last spot for vehicles to Venice). It is easy to take the bus from the airport and walk to the people mover to the ship. Great location, and if possible get a canal view room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked into Hotel Dalla Mora which gets good reviews and is close to the cruise terminal. We paid £109 which seems to be very reasonable by Venice standards.

More info here - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187870-d618209-Reviews-Hotel_Dalla_Mora-Venice_Veneto.html

We've not stayed yet so not really a recommendation as such, but we did do a fair bit of research before plumping for it.

we stayed at the Ambascattori in Mestre.. well we actually didn't as when we were booking in we were moved to the delfino next door. Room clean but very tiny ! Not much around but easy access to Venice by the bus stop across the road.. the delphino seems to be used as a transit hotel but annoyed we were shifted without prior notice.

first of all, you will get a ton more info if you post this question in the Italy ports forum. It's not exclusively NCL ships that stop there, so you'll get info from lots more people there.

Secondly, we stayed at the Hotel Bonvecchiati, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Location, location, location!

http://www.hotelbonvecchiati.it/

We spent a non-cruise night at the The Royal San Marco last September. It is only a few feet to St. Mark's Square. Great location. Room was small and dated but comfortable. Included breakfast. They also offered a free excursion to Murano.

Definitely stay in Venice. One of the highlights was walking around St. Mark's at 10:30 at night. Magical!

We are already planning another trip to Italy in near future and would not hesitate to stay there.

I recommend Hotel Arlecchino. It is one small bridge from a Piazzle Roma (last spot for vehicles to Venice). It is easy to take the bus from the airport and walk to the people mover to the ship. Great location, and if possible get a canal view room.

I would like to agree with you, and I don't disagree with you. However, the one night we had booked there, they couldn't accommodate us, because of a pipe burst in the hotel. However, they put us up in the hotel around the corner (owned by the same people) for the same price (slightly nicer hotel). Worked out well for us, but I'd've liked to try the Arlecchino.

--Michael