Champagne

jules57

Is the complimentary champagne in Suites on PandO as bad as that on Celebrity?

It's the proper stuff. Not the c**p they serve at the priority boarders lunch and Captains Welcome Reception, which is revolting.

It's the proper stuff. Not the c**p they serve at the priority boarders lunch and Captains Welcome Reception, which is revolting.

That stuff is brewed up in the 'bowels' of the ship with the emphasis on 'bowels'. I prefer the elderflower presse which at least does not remove the enamel from your teeth ;)

That stuff is brewed up in the 'bowels' of the ship with the emphasis on 'bowels'. I prefer the elderflower presse which at least does not remove the enamel from your teeth ;)

I will keep that in mind! The cheap sparkling plonk left a very acrid taste in my mouth. I tried to take it away with a glass of white wine, but that was also revolting. I'm no wine snob, I rarely pay more than £5 a bottle at supermarkets and always get very nice wine, but P&O have dumbed down the freebie drinks to stuff that is almost undrinkable. I'm going to have one last try (with the red) in a few weeks time on Britannia, or maybe, at the Captain's drinks a G&T (surely they can't serve an undrinkable version of that?). If all else fails, Elderflower Presse it is!

I will keep that in mind! The cheap sparkling plonk left a very acrid taste in my mouth. I tried to take it away with a glass of white wine, but that was also revolting. I'm no wine snob, I rarely pay more than £5 a bottle at supermarkets and always get very nice wine, but P&O have dumbed down the freebie drinks to stuff that is almost undrinkable. I'm going to have one last try (with the red) in a few weeks time on Britannia, or maybe, at the Captain's drinks a G&T (surely they can't serve an undrinkable version of that?). If all else fails, Elderflower Presse it is!

I'd completely forgotten about that horrible white wine at the captains drinks! You're absolutely right it was nearly drinkable and I have little idea about wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Selbourne,

A word to the wise, keep off the G&T's. Because of the numbers involved they have to pre prepare them. In goes the gin, and the ice and then topped up with the tonic. So far so good. But when left some time the ice melts and you have a watered down G&T. I now stick to the red wine. It is not the best but I find it drinkable. If you can drink it a straight whisky. Don't let them put the water in. It's all down to the time they have to prepare and turn things round.

Getting to know a number of wine waiters over the cruise helps as a glance in the right direction often comes up trumps.

BTW you are wise to keep off the Fizz. On the other hand the in cabin stuff is quite drinkable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Selbourne,

A word to the wise, keep off the G&T's. Because of the numbers involved they have to pre prepare them. In goes the gin, and the ice and then topped up with the tonic. So far so good. But when left some time the ice melts and you have a watered down G&T. I now stick to the red wine. It is not the best but I find it drinkable. If you can drink it a straight whisky. Don't let them put the water in. It's all down to the time they have to prepare and turn things round.

Getting to know a number of wine waiters over the cruise helps as a glance in the right direction often comes up trumps.

BTW you are wise to keep off the Fizz. On the other hand the in cabin stuff is quite drinkable.

Many thanks Dai. I shall heed your advice and try the red (I can't abide whisky)! Cheap reds tend not to be quite so bad as cheap whites!

Many thanks Dai. I shall heed your advice and try the red (I can't abide whisky)! Cheap reds tend not to be quite so bad as cheap whites!

Exactly.