Can you use drinks packages in any of the restaurants or dining rooms?

anthonyh

New to Holland, previously Princess where you could use drinks packages in restaurants and given 50% discount on bottles of wine, so asking if same or similar applies on HAL?

When I read info, it doesnt seem like you can.

We had no issues whatsoever using the drink package on Zuiderdam last March...while in the MDR the wine steward happily took care of drink orders and swiped our cards right at the table. This also happened while dining in the Pinnacle. Very easy.

To clarify, the Princess drink packages give you drinks AND a discount on wine purchases by the bottle. Holland America does not offer the wine discount as part of the drink package.

The drink package can be used in any of bars, lounges, and restaurants ON BOARD. (That last point is because drinks on Half Moon Cay aren't covered.)

I understand that OP is new to Holland and is, therefore, not a 4* Mariner. However, the latter can buy bottles or glasses of wine at a 50% discount.

Error! Sorry, I gave bad advice. The discount does not apply to bottles or glasses of wine. (Wishful thinking, I'm afraid!)

I;m a first timer as well...just to clarify...I thought you had to go to the bar to get your drink to bring back to your table in the dining room? Do you mean that you just give your card to the waitperson and they bring your drink(s) to the table?? Thanks.

I;m a first timer as well...just to clarify...I thought you had to go to the bar to get your drink to bring back to your table in the dining room? Do you mean that you just give your card to the waitperson and they bring your drink(s) to the table?? Thanks.

Our servers (waiter/assistant) did not handle our drinks. The wine steward came by our table every evening and took our beverage orders. Most nights, we already had a cocktail in hand when we entered the dining room but she would always stop by to find out when we needed a refill.

We would order, she would swipe our card, and then a bar assistant would return a few minutes later with our drinks.

Yes, but it's the wine stewards not your regular waiters who will serve your drinks. (The MDR has its own service bars.) While you can bring a drink with you, you don't have to.

Thanks for all responses, certainly clarifies situation & sounds similar to Princess without discount but not fussed about the discount, just wanted to make sure drinks packages usable in restaurants. Thanks again.

You don't think that HAL would pass up on an opportunity to sell you a drink ?? Of course, during dinner, the Somalia will pass by your table multiple times, asking if you want a drink. He will return with it very quickly. If he doesn't come by, ask your waiter or assistant. They will summon him.