Social app? Can you help me remember?

golfntob

Needing some feedback from some experienced cruisers please. We cruised on the freedom 2 yrs ago and I think I remember buying the social media pkg for $5/day. I got 2 accts. The 2 kids both downloaded the app and my husband and I both downloaded the app. Only one parent could be logged in to ours and only one kid could log in to theirs. That allowed the kids to communicate with us and us with them.

This is just what I *think* I remember. Anyone who can help me remember if this is right? Thanks!

I think you might be confusing the Hub App and the wifi package. The Hub is $5 for the cruise per person for messaging only. The Wifi package is per person, you can buy it daily or weekly.

I think you might be confusing the Hub App and the wifi package. The Hub is $5 for the cruise per person for messaging only. The Wifi package is per person, you can buy it daily or weekly.

I remember that we paid per day and I was able to communicate with my mom back home via Facebook messenger.

Well, if it was 2 years ago, it wasn't the Hub app because it started rolling out fleet wide early last year. But what you describe is basically the Hub app's chat feature, which you might find useful. You can use it to communicate with others in your group. The Hub app is free to download and free to use most of its features. You don't even need to purchase one of the internet plans to use it. It includes deck plans, S&S account access, the FunTimes, daily weather, and more. Then you can pay a one-time $5 fee per device and get the chat feature that allows you to communicate with others who have the Hub app chat. Reliability of the chat feature has varied widely, according to many cruisers who've used it.

Then there's the 3 levels of internet plans. The Social plan being the cheapest, at $5/day, and it allows you to access many of the most popular social media and messaging apps, like facebook and fb messenger. Carnival now allows you to pre-purchase an internet plan from your Carnival account, but if done this way, it must be purchased for the entire cruise. Right now the Social plan is $4/day if purchased online ahead of time. If you wait until you get on board, you can choose to buy it for the whole cruise or per day.

Like firemanbobswife said, if you want more than one person to access an internet plan at the same time, each person will have to buy one. If you only purchase one plan, more than one person can technically use it, but you have to log out of your device to let someone else log in with their device.

Yes you can share it. Only one device can use it at a time so you will have to log out and let the other family log in with their device to share it. You can purchase the various wifi packages through the Carnival Hub app once you're on board if you want to. And now you can view and purchase your photos on the Hub app too. No more digging through piles of pictures in the photo area. :D