Booked our First Cruise:)

sunflower1972

Well the time has come for the hubbie and I to try a cruise. After 10 years of All Inclusives, many great one's I might add, we are branching out. So far I'm getting great ideas on the board so thank you to everyone who posts!! It is a god sent for first time cruiser's like us!! So watch out Sun Princess....on feb 6th we are coming your way!!!! 10 days of vacation bliss!!!! Let the countdown begin. So any helpful hints anyone? I'm sure I'll have questions for you all:D The only think I'm hoping for at this point, is that the 'trusters and generator' are fixed on the Sun Princess by then...I'll be keeping on eye on the 'live from the Sun' post!!

Happy cruising...............

If you get hooked on the cruise as much as you were hooked on all-inclusives, be sure to check out the Future Cruise Bookings opportunities. You can only do them onboard. It provides the opportunity to have a reduced deposit of $100/pp and on board credits (OBCs). These are in addition to any pricing discounts and OBCs you can negotiate with your TA. No brainer if you are even considering cruising on Princess again. You have 3-4 years to select the cruise and can get a 100% refund if you end up not cruising. Full details on board.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful welcome and best wishes. I gotta tell you we are so excited to try this cruise. I DO feel very spoiled getting a 10 day crusie for our first one.....this happened as the hubbie has 2 weeks off together.....now that never happens and was just to hard to pass on. Thanks as well for the advise regarding deposits on the ship for future cruising.....I've been reading the posts on that as well.

We just love the itinerary and was the reason we picked this cruise...that and the 10 days. I've seen some of the posted menus and I'm really looking forward to trying alot of those dishes....thank goodness there is a gym on board:)

Thanks again to everyone!! We should be getting our pre cruise docs this week or next.....can you tell I'm excited!!!

.....thank goodness there is a gym on board ...

One of the features I love about the Sun/Dawn Princess layout is the Promenade deck. Each walk around is about 1/3 mile. On some other ships you need to go up/down stairs to walk around, but on the Sun you can do it all on the same deck. While the equipment in the gym is nice, with a great window to look out, the Promenade is outside and a great way to stretch the legs and get a little fresh air after all the dining.

While it is not our first cruise, we have booked our first cruise with Princess. A 9-day Western Caribbean cruise on the new Crown Princess, sailing out of New York on Aug 16.

Enjoy your first of many cruises. From what I've heard, Princess is a great choice. I hope that we won't be disappointed.

Be sure to eat in the pizzeria in the atrium, it's a great spot for people-watching and the food is wonderful! And it's free!

FYI, the minisuites on this ship are fabulous, so if you get the chance to upgrade to one at a price you think is reasonable, absolutely go for it. :)

Archived