Recent Luminae Patrons on Equinox

WB57

We were recently on the Eclipse in a Sky Suite. When asked what wine we would like we told the server that we haven’t seen a menu so we don’t know what we are ordering for dinner. He said it doesn’t matter just order the wine you like. We have been told this many other times in Blu. I don’t know how those others that write reviews always write how the wine was always matched to perfection with each course get it. We would then tell them what we read and they would basically roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Next time they tell me that it doesn’t matter I am showing them a screen shot of the class that X offers for $25 pp for the perfect wine pairing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were also in Luminae on Eclipse recently and Arnold, the Sommelier, was very helpful in picking wines for us based on our orders, as was Bonnie the Sommelier on Equinox in 2016. Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

We are interested in hearing from cruisers on the Equinox. We will be sailing on her in December, and hoping the kitchen can get it together.

Rollie

I'm interested too in whether the kitchen can get it together since we sail in Sept. We cruised 21 days on Equinox in May 2017 and frequently got cold meals that had to be sent back. It was very disappointing since the service is good, but the Maitre D' needs to implement "runners" to get the meals out in a timely manner as oppose to your designated waiter checking the kitchen in between taking orders, etc.

I am sorry so little space was devoted to the quality of the food. Service is important but I come to eat, not to make friends.

And as Gracie mentioned, I, too, am tired of being asked what wine I want before the menu has been presented. As a corollary, I don't want my food served before I have finished my cocktail. This is not solely a Celebrity problem, either. Regent sommeliers do the same.

I am sorry so little space was devoted to the quality of the food. Service is important but I come to eat, not to make friends.

And as Gracie mentioned, I, too, am tired of being asked what wine I want before the menu has been presented. As a corollary, I don't want my food served before I have finished my cocktail. This is not solely a Celebrity problem, either. Regent sommeliers do the same.

That was not my statement, quite the contrary for us, we've found the Sommelier's in Luminae very helpful and responsive to what we wanted and very capable at making suggestions for wine at our meals. Perhaps it is because we state our preferences from the first dinner, I don't know, but we have not had this problem.

We were on Equinox in late April/early May, and we dealt primarily with 3 waiters in Luminae. Here are a few comments:

Serkan was the first one we encountered, and he was sort of the star in greeting everybody and being personable. He was a little over the top for our tastes, but certainly very good.

Soner (someone described him as Clark Kent) we would encounter from time to time, maybe more at breakfast than any other time, and he was very good but without the personality of the others.

Marlon was our personal favorite. Very friendly, willing to take some risks and make some jokes with the customers, but without being over the top like Serkan. Nobody else has mentioned him, so I wonder if he is currently on the ship.

Tom & Judy

Just off Equinox yesterday.

We don’t drink wine, so no opinion there.

Luminae food and service were outstanding. I’ll take a Serkan to lighten the mood every night. The place needs some lightheartedness from so many of the tight wads.

We are cruising on the Equinox on August 4th. I received an email from the shoreside concierge today, she said the MC concierge was Avilene. Jole’ was on board in October, she was great. I am not familiar with Avilene.

Vickie

Jole’ is no longer a MC. I heard she is in shore excursions on Summit I believe. I think the MC position can be a very demanding job and seems that some of them are moving on now.

Jole’ was terrific as MC Concierge. We are on the Summit in August...will go by the Shore Excursions Desk to say hello to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums