SEMI-LIVE REVIEW/Honeymooners take to the high seas!/ Oasis of the seas/July 9th 2017

Welcome everyone! This will be very first review of any ship and only my second time on a cruise ship. As you can see in the title my soon to be husband and I will be celebrating our honeymoon this cruise. Your probably wondering why the heck is she starring so early it's only Thursday? Well it's because my vacation starts today woohoo!!!

ABOUT US...

We are in our late twenties and have 2 kids. Since having our youngest we haven't been able to go on trips like we used to. So we decided to drop the kids off to my mother, who lives in Florida. So it was a no brainer on a cruise. It was a choice of convince and and an affordable option. I booked this cruise about a 2 hundred and some odd days so you can imagine my excitement with being able to mark the days off my calendar. We love to try new things and when we don't have the kids we can actually be carefree! I am a planner and love all things organization. So hubby is clueless as to what's going on lol. He's just here for the ride. He's the type where you tell him the plan and he agrees. Then the day before we're about to leave he acts as if the conversation never happened. He has thought we have had a Central Park balcony for the last 8 months. Poor baby....and when I say poor baby please know I'm talking about me[emoji23][emoji23].

Things we bought in advance...

We decided to go with a ocean view balcony on the 12th deck port side. I will try to post as many menus as I can remember to do, I feel like there are so many menus out there but I'll try my best. We did splurge with things such as First Night Done Right and the ultimate drink package, so expect to see plenty of drinks and food this cruise. We will wing most of this trip with only 1 (if all goes well) excursion. Which is BOSS underwater. It's where your wear that helmet that makes you feel like your taking a flight to outer space, but instead you ride on a Segway type thing on the ocean floor. I'm super excited for that! Hubby has no idea of course [emoji16].

PRE-CRUISE...

Pre-cruise we're staying at a hotel on I-drive close to the action. We splurged on the hotel stay and got a club level suite at one of the Ramada inn and suites on I-drive...this is the only thing he was to take care off and the reviews on travel advisor were not good. Our rate was non-refundable so we're stuck with this particular hotel. Luckily, it's only one night and I'll deal because I'm a palm tree [emoji267]. We will be renting a car from avis that we will drop off in port Canaveral cruise day. It was super affordable for us and made sense. My mom lives in Tampa so I'll be dropping them off to her and we needed a car.

PORTS

We will be traveling to Nassau, St Maartin, & Virgin Islands.

THE EXCITING PART!

Will be getting married tomorrow afternoon! So that's the reason why we're flying in so early. I won't be posting anything from the wedding. We had planned a wedding that was actually supposed to be a lot bigger. The guest list was nonstop growth. It was supposed to be in NY and it was so hard to plan with being so far. We both felt like we were being overwhelmed. So we just came to the conclusion let's just go to the court house! So that's what we're doing and I'm so relieved of our choice.

Our flight leaves at 8:04pm tonight on spirit. I'm praying there no issues with delays or cancellations. We're down to the wire on bag weight and have to get it to 40lbs in 3 roller bags! [emoji85]will update later!

Yay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats! I cant wait to follow your review. My husband and I are taking our first cruise together on the Oasis ship at the end of February 2018. I'm the same with you, I am the planner and have to make sure everything is organized. My husband just lets me do my thing! Enjoy!! :)

Congrats! I cant wait to follow your review. My husband and I are taking our first cruise together on the Oasis ship at the end of February 2018. I'm the same with you, I am the planner and have to make sure everything is organized. My husband just lets me do my thing! Enjoy!! :)

Lol thank you! Seems like the trend with husbands I guess.

Lol thank you! Seems like the trend with husbands I guess.

Hey now, I'm sure you've seen me posting in our roll call. Some of us husbands like to plan. :)

Now next summer's Alaska trip... that's all my wife's doing.

Congrats on the impending wedding! My first cruise ever was on my honeymoon 15 years ago.

Hey now, I'm sure you've seen me posting in our roll call. Some of us husbands like to plan. :)

Now next summer's Alaska trip... that's all my wife's doing.

Congrats on the impending wedding! My first cruise ever was on my honeymoon 15 years ago.

Lol ok I'll admit I have seen you posting. I won't count you in the category this time lol!

Thanks so much we're super excited!

We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to push it back a week :( we'll be passing you by as you leave!

Congratulations on getting married! That is awesome! Weddings are fun but the kind of money it takes nowadays is just silly.

We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to push it back a week :( we'll be passing you by as you leave!

Congratulations on getting married! That is awesome! Weddings are fun but the kind of money it takes nowadays is just silly.

Aww well I hope you have fun and thanks so much!