Have you stayed in an aft balcony room on the Breakaway?

HC 9922 is the largest, all the others are the same size

Not exactly.

The balcony widths are different. 9322 (port side of 9922) has a smaller balcony than 9320.

I'd take 9320 for the balcony width and bed location (bed-near-balcony)

HomGqlP6rBs

Also, I believe that the HC staterooms should go to those who need them. The OP didn't mention needing one.

Not exactly.

The balcony widths are different. 9322 (port side of 9922) has a smaller balcony than 9320.

HomGqlP6rBs

Also, I believe that the HC staterooms should go to those who need them. The OP didn't mention needing one.

Thank you for your help!! Is 9920 the same as 9322? Do you know if 9920 has the bed by the balcony?

Thank you for your help!! Is 9920 the same as 9322? Do you know if 9920 has the bed by the balcony?

9920 balcony is slightly wider than 9322 but room layout/size is the same. 9322 is the least wide balcony of all on deck 9.

I'm double checking because some of the deckplans are incorrect. For example, 9918 (on the deckplan) has bed-near-closet but it is actually bed-near-balcony.

9918 - bed near balcony

9920 - bed near closet

9922 - HC - bed bear balcony

9322 - bed near closet

9320 - bed near balcony

9318 - bed near balcony

I might need to edit this after I look through some pictures/videos.

We are taking a Baltic cruise in July of 2018 on the Breakaway. I know that the aft balconies are bigger on deck 9 but does anyone have suggestions on which aft cabin is the best on deck 9?

Maybe this can help you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Not exactly.

Can you share some tech info on how you inserted a youtube video into your post? I know how to capture code if Flickr for still images but can't see how to do it with a YouTube video. Thanks....

Can you share some tech info on how you inserted a youtube video into your post? I know how to capture code if Flickr for still images but can't see how to do it with a YouTube video. Thanks....
When you get the url for the youtube video, take the part after "v=" (or after the last / if on mobile) and wrap [yuotube] [/yuotube] around it (spell youtube correctly on yours)

The earlier post was [yuotube]HomGqlP6rBs[/yuotube]

There used to be a button on the forum but it didn't work correctly so I just do it manually.

Not exactly.

HomGqlP6rBs

Wow. I am impressed with the size of that balcony. That's about the size of the balcony in an aft facing *suite* on the Dawn! These non-suite aft balconies seem to be the biggest bang for the buck... Which would explain why they always seem to book the fastest!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

OK, as someone who spent WAAAAY too much time researching this (booked 12308 on Escape) here is what I can quickly share:

The Breakaway Class (and Breakaway+ for most part) ships are all the same for the Aft Balconies. If you look at the aft of the ship there are 8 cabins from left to right.

Haven | Balc | Balc | Balc |HC Balc|Balc | Balc | Haven : Decks 11, 12, 13 & 14

Haven | Balc | -Mini Suite- | -Mini Suite- | Balc | Haven : Deck 10 only

Haven | Balc | Balc | Balc |HC Balc|Balc | Balc | Haven : Deck 9

....1.....|....2...|.....3...|....4....|....5.....|...6...|...7....|.....8....

So now we will talk width (left to right) The HC Balcony rooms, 5th over from left have the widest balconies and are Handicap Access rooms. The room to it's left (the other "middle" balcony or #4 from left) has the LEAST widest balcony of all the balconies. Leaving the remaining 4 balcony rooms on all decks (only 2 on deck 10), rooms 2, 3, 6 & 7 left to right, as having the SAME width as each other (give or take a couple inches)

Now we get to Depth (which imo is the more important attribute) as stated above in the Google Doc that was linked, the depth from deepest (sliding room door to balcony rail) goes 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. From what I have seen there is only a small difference between 9 & 12, and then 11 & 10 being close to same, 14 having an overhang and 13 having a very small balcony. 4 pics below, first is Breakaway 13304, next is Getaway 9318 - both of these are the 2nd balcony from left, right next to Haven, you can see the HUGE difference in size, then it's Breakaway 12906, far right Balcony next to Haven on far right. The last is a pic of the Aft of the ship showing all of the rooms.

So while the 4th balcony over may be the least widest - that room on the 9th deck will be MUCH better than the widest balcony on 13 because the depth allows 2 loungers and 2 chairs, where you are hard pressed to fit a lounger on the 13th deck aft.

Breakaway 13304:

u7agubyn.jpg

Getaway 9318:

20140503_130922-1.jpg

Breakaway 12906:

19808578244_fa85b7b22e_b.jpg

Breakaway Class Aft:

q3Q_R14n7tT3Ff-AwlNMQUYC9HnK0p0HYcpxeh5h_QCc799njPK0zyULlelqRf3ASr7Lr0diNeu3cqASVBEYloDJ3NChrNZlN2PX710qgGKFgPvwFlVYYpuob_vnS0UZBp6WGX1u

If you open the last pic in a new tab and zoom in on it, you will see that each deck has a differing setback for their rooms from the railing. So while the rails are angled upward from bottom to top, leading one to believe that lower is better, the rooms on deck 12 are set back much further than deck 13, giving a lot more balcony room.

Edited by rfendt

We are taking a Baltic cruise in July of 2018 on the Breakaway. I know that the aft balconies are bigger on deck 9 but does anyone have suggestions on which aft cabin is the best on deck 9?

My family was booked in 9320 and 9318 on the Breakaway in June 2016. They were both great rooms. The. Alcott in 9320 was slightly larger. I try and post some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, as someone who spent WAAAAY too much time researching this (booked 12308 on Escape) here is what I can quickly share:

The Breakaway Class (and Breakaway+ for most part) ships are all the same for the Aft Balconies.

That could be misleading for people who are interested in BA/GA vs. Escape.

The depths for Escape are for the most part not as deep as the same deck on BA/GA. Deck 9 or 12 on BA/GA is deeper than any aft-facing deck on Escape. The depth order isn't exactly the same, either.

Your balcony on Escape (12308) won't be as deep as 12306 on BA/GA (first balcony next to the H6).

Leaving the remaining 4 balcony rooms on all decks (only 2 on deck 10), rooms 2, 3, 6 & 7 left to right, as having the SAME width as each other (give or take a couple inches)

In some cases, it is more than a few inches. It is visibly noticeable. Because the balcony doors aren't always centered, measuring the space on the sides of the balcony doors gives a better indication of the width since the doors are all the same size.

that could be misleading for people who are interested in ba/ga vs. Escape.

The depths for escape are for the most part not as deep as the same deck on ba/ga. Deck 9 or 12 on ba/ga is deeper than any aft-facing deck on escape. The depth order isn't exactly the same, either.

Your balcony on escape (12308) won't be as deep as 12306 on ba/ga (first balcony next to the h6).

My reference to them being the same was in relation to the ordering of the rooms looking at the aft of the ship from left to right, I did not mean to infer that the sizes were equivalent between the different class ships. The order is still the same, including the deck 10 difference

I believe that the size order from deepest to least deep for the Breakaway+ Class ships are : 9,12,15,11,14,10,13 - with the only difference being 10&14 swapping and 15 being inserted in there.

in some cases, it is more than a few inches. It is visibly noticeable. Because the balcony doors aren't always centered, measuring the space on the sides of the balcony doors gives a better indication of the width since the doors are all the same size.

I'll still go with the 2 sets of rooms furthest left and furthest right, adjacent to the haven rooms are close enough in width to each other to be negligible to each other in trying to pick which one to book. Between those 4 rooms the deck it is on is MUCH more important than which of those 4 to choose from (bed location not withstanding)

The "other middle" room next to the larger HC room (to the left) is very noticeably smaller than the others. I just think that if you can get one of the 4 balconies (2 far left side/2 far right side) on deck 9 or any of those 4 on deck 12 you will be very satisfied with the size of the balcony compared to the regular ones. This goes for ba/ga and/or Escape, and yes, my balcony on the Escape is smaller than the equivalent on the ba/ga, but I will have 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a couple tables on mine and I will be VERY happy!

I'll still go with the 2 sets of rooms furthest left and furthest right, adjacent to the haven rooms are close enough in width to each other to be negligible to each other in trying to pick which one to book.

They are very close but as noted above by MotherofTrips (who had 9318 and 9320), there is a difference. That's how most people are noticing the differences. When friends/families have adjacent aft-facing balconies of the same type, one will have the larger one. Since they are the same price, people might as well take the larger one if bed placement isn't as important.

Between those 4 rooms the deck it is on is MUCH more important than which of those 4 to choose from (bed location not withstanding)

I agree.

The OP has already decided on deck 9. I don't know which bed placement the OP prefers.

...my balcony on the Escape is smaller than the equivalent on the ba/ga, but I will have 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a couple tables on mine and I will be VERY happy!

I was right next to 12308 on Escape and took a few pictures of that balcony. Photobucket is acting up but I've posted them here in the past. You might have seen them.

If Harvey is your steward, you'll be in good hands. :cool:

I was right next to 12308 on Escape and took a few pictures of that balcony. Photobucket is acting up but I've posted them here in the past. You might have seen them.

If Harvey is your steward, you'll be in good hands. :cool:

If you have a chance and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I looked at MANY posts and pics, but don't recall seeing the room I have. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

When you get the url for the youtube video, take the part after "v=" (or after the last / if on mobile) and wrap [yuotube] [/yuotube] around it (spell youtube correctly on yours)

The earlier post was [yuotube]HomGqlP6rBs[/yuotube]

There used to be a button on the forum but it didn't work correctly so I just do it manually.

Thanks, I'll be using this technique in the future....

• 5 months later...
Not exactly.

HomGqlP6rBs

We got this room in Feb-2018.....Im very excited and look forward to heading into warmer temps!

• 2 weeks later...

We Stayed in 9918 by far our favorite room we've stayed in! the video on you tube is GREAT!

If you type Breakaway 9918 into Youtube, you will find a wonderful video that someone made approximately 2 years ago of that aft balcony. I stayed in that cabin last year and it is awesome! The balcony is huge!