Looking to hear from people that are HAPPY with the Beverage Package(s)

cruzin4us

I have come to the conclusion that we will definitely get at least the SBP. Due to the hot weather, I know we will be drinking more of everything, liquor included. My biggest quandry is still whether we should upgrade to the elite. It's all about the tequila with me. If they would just charge me the extra amount that exceeded the ($8-$9) then it would be an easy choice and I would go with the SBP. Unfortunately, HAL doesn't let you do that. From what I understand if it's over the $8-9, then you pay for the entire drink. I just may have to start drinking Tito's ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Going on our first HAL cruise and have gone back and forth on whether or not to upgrade to the EBP. There is a very nice Champagne at that level and many more options for Scotch & Bourbon for DH. Plus I hear the Spanish Coffee is amazing. Probably going to just pull the trigger so it is one less thing on our mind for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a list of what champagnes are included in each package? My husband likes beer during the afternoon, then champagne in the evening...something like Dom Perignon or that caliber. This is our first time on HAL (we're used to Celebrity which is more liberal with their drink package rules), so we're trying to decide what to do re: buying a package.

Thanks!

Jane

We have paid for the Signature Beverage Package in the past and upgraded the free Explore 4 SBP to the Elite Beverage Package on the Eurodam in December. (Upgrade was $11.50/pp/day.)

We bought the SBP on a cruise where we also carried on and paid corkage for quite a bit of wine. It was kind of overkill and we only did it to see how it works. (Purely for research purposes.)

We really liked the EBP because it offered better wine choices, including real Champagne. One glass of Champagne paid for our upgrade.

You'll have to decide if it's worth it for you based on what you drink. There is a recent thread about what's included. I posted the list of what you can get in each package. That should help you decide.

We never had a problem getting a drink in a bar or wine in a restaurant - either with or without a package.

Brian and OP, we too have done the same things (had included SBP, bought SBP after embarkation and upgraded SBP to EBP) and I would say we've found it quite worthwhile to have.

We like not having to concern ourselves with line items on the final bill, ordering what we like to drink when we like to drink, grabbing a water bottle on the way off the ship when in ports, etc. It's more a matter of thinking "we've already paid for it, let's drink it!" and while we may pay (a bit) more with the package, for us it's nice to have that 2nd glass of wine with dinner, a beer or 2 with lunch, and so on.

I just wish the drink packages could be bought on an individual basis like can be done on Celebrity. There, one either has it or doesn't (like HAL, it's linked to your card), you can't buy more than 1 drink at a time (with a wait in between) and it seems to work well. I cruise with people other than my wife sometimes (FIL, DD, SIL) who aren't always interested in the packages and it would be nice to be able to get something anyway (like mixing a SBP and a soda package).

Is there a list of what champagnes are included in each package? My husband likes beer during the afternoon, then champagne in the evening...something like Dom Perignon or that caliber. This is our first time on HAL (we're used to Celebrity which is more liberal with their drink package rules), so we're trying to decide what to do re: buying a package.

Thanks!

Jane

See post #3

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2526656

I am happy (thrilled) to be getting SBP for my family group of TEN, for $100pp more than we booked in June. I did not think to ask my PCC what the current price for our category of stateroom is without E4. Could it have been as low as it was on the SNAP promotional (while retaining the refundable deposit)? That was $500pp less than June's price... That's an interesting question. But one I think I'm going to pass on asking, because we were satisfied with June's price and it will be such a lark to treat everyone to PG and carte blanche with their S&S cards!

It's even possible that dr'spin and I will like it well enough we become BP buyers in the future. This could be HAL's goal with E4!