Surprised at Increase in Fares in 1 Month for Freedom Jan 6 2018

Hi,

We are sailing with the family on Jan 6 on Freedom for 8 nights. I thought this would be a great time to cruise because it's cold in Michigan and I thought I would get better deals because it's right after the holiday.

I don't think I got great deals but ok. We got PR rooms for 2 at total 1724.54 and 95 cash card. We got E3 balcony for 2 for total of 2428 and 165 cash card. We booked a month ago. Today the PR room is +400 and the E3 is +600.

I know it's all about supply and demand. Is this normal for January cruises? I was hoping after final payment we might have some options to get some inexpensive upgrades but not sure now.

I also never realized that airfare and hotels are expensive in January. Since all the kids are grown and we can plan trips at any time I need to find a less expensive time to travel.

There's no "normal" for pricing. It's all an adventure anymore.

Are the best deals are last minute deals? Right now we are both working so we cannot do anything last minute. But once we retire we might be able to snag good deals.

Thanks for your feedback.

Darn good economy!!!:halo:

Don't worry, an economic slow down will come and combined with the current cruise ship building boom (leading to an over supply - may already be happening in Asian markets) we can expect more deals in the not too distant future.

Biker, who sees more Indy 11/18 like deals ahead.

Don't worry, an economic slow down will come and combined with the current cruise ship building boom (leading to an over supply - may already be happening in Asian markets) we can expect more deals in the not too distant future.

Biker, who sees more Indy 11/18 like deals ahead.

What deal did Indy for 11/18 have? I love to hear about good deals. Makes me want to keep an eye out for my own deal :)

I love to hear about good deals. Makes me want to keep an eye out for my own deal :)

There are enough CC posters looking for deals that when they happen they are usually posted on some thread here.

Biker, who learned about the Indy deal here on CC.

Are the best deals are last minute deals? ... .

Unpredictable. Sometimes the best deals are when the cruises are first released. Sometimes it's a year before sailing. Sometimes it's last minute. Pricing trends also vary by stateroom type.

All of our cruises have gone up, see sig. Brilliance +500 pp and Explorer TP about +300 PP..........booked the day of release,

We did book Anthem a month in advance........999 PP + 200 OBC for Guar Bal/12 night Southern in March/ 2016 after my mom passed. For a newer ship that was a deal!