Parking options for cruise departing from Boston

sydneymate

Disembarkation update:

On return, I did see some people from our cruise go to the EDIC garage to bring back their cars.:confused: ???? So I am not sure how they got to park there. Perhaps they were on the previous cruise B2B or they were there earlier or the garage is capacity controlled? Who knows.

Still no shuttle to the open parking lot at the bow of the ship. Was a Saturday.

EDIC is a public garage. If someone was directing traffic to the bow area lot, the cruisers could have just ignored them or said they worked in the area and just parked in the garage. Folks who had cruised from the port before would know how to do that.

Would you recommend that folks drop off fellow cruisers and luggage first and just have one person do the parking on a Saturday?

Disembarkation update:

On return, I did see some people from our cruise go to the EDIC garage to bring back their cars.:confused: ???? So I am not sure how they got to park there. Perhaps they were on the previous cruise B2B or they were there earlier or the garage is capacity controlled? Who knows.

Still no shuttle to the open parking lot at the bow of the ship. Was a Saturday.

I was told the parking garage is an overflow for the parking lot at the bow of the ship when I tried to park there first. Also, cruiser with the discount rate of $20 instead of $24 per day are restricted to park at the roof top of the garage when they are parked there.

The open parking lot at the bow of the ship is probably equal distance if not shorter than the parking garage. When we park there last month, it was only a 5 mins walk to the terminal.

Edited by William W

EDIC is a public garage. If someone was directing traffic to the bow area lot, the cruisers could have just ignored them or said they worked in the area and just parked in the garage. Folks who had cruised from the port before would know how to do that.

Would you recommend that folks drop off fellow cruisers and luggage first and just have one person do the parking on a Saturday?

I would recommend that one person drops off the cruisers and then goes to park, if there is a lot of luggage or if someone cannot/does not want to walk, or if the ship is docked at terminal 1 which is further away from the open lot. On embarkation day we dropped off luggage first (ship docked at terminal 1) then parked and walked back. On return, we took the luggage and walked to the parking lot, because we were docked at terminal 2 which is closer to the lot at the bow.

I was told the parking garage is an overflow for the parking lot at the bow of the ship when I tried to park there first. Also, cruiser with the discount rate of $20 instead of $24 per day are restricted to park at the roof top of the garage when they are parked there.

The open parking lot at the bow of the ship is probably equal distance if not shorter than the parking garage. When we park there last month, it was only a 5 mins walk to the terminal.

I agree, we found the walk to the open lot very short and easy when we docked at terminal 2. It was a bit longer when we docked at terminal 1, but still was easy for us. For someone who may not want to walk or has difficulty, or is walking with lots of luggage and kids in tow, it may not be that easy, so cruiser and luggage drop off is recommended.

We just returned from sailing on the Veendam to Bermuda. We parked at the parking garage at 12 Drydock Ave a short walk from the cruise port. You can pull your bags over or easy to drop people and baggage off. Cost was $20 per day - you have to park on the top level which is not covered but when we returned on Saturday there were maybe 30 cars parked there. Use your GPS to find the garage location - coming East from I90 was a bit confusing with many turns but just follow the GPS. We stayed at a wonderful Hampton INn in Westborough for a AAA rate of $109 which had a pub across the parking lot. Only a 40 minute drive on Saturday morning with no traffic to the cruise port!

Question for 138 east or anyone that might have info: we are sailing on aug. 11 and wanted to prepay parking. It says lot doesn't open untill11 am. Does anyone know if this true as it seems late and our checking is 10am. Thanks in advance,

Question for 138 east or anyone that might have info: we are sailing on aug. 11 and wanted to prepay parking. It says lot doesn't open untill11 am. Does anyone know if this true as it seems late and our checking is 10am. Thanks in advance,

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to this.