Happy Hours?

E-500

Frequent cruiser but will be a first timer on X for 14 days in November. Have read about the Elites cocktail reception each day and the drink package perks being offered. Since we passed on the Classic Drink Package (did the math and average drinks consumed per day needed to make this pencil, we are choosing not to be intoxicated for 2 solid weeks).

My question is, does the Eclipse have a daily cocktail/happy hour in one or more bars for those paying their own way?

On other lines we have experienced buy one get a second same drink for a dollar, or a true twofer. Usually an hour long and sometimes staggered between 2 bars. Bar One 4-5, Bar Two 5-6, ETC.

Just looking for value, not a two week bender.

No happy hour like you described. Many people choose the drink package and/or have loyalty status for the cocktail party, so I've never seen the Oceania type happy hour on Celebrity (and we've been on many X cruises). There is usually a daily cocktail "special", but I can't say if it's a bargain or not. Perhaps others will chime in. Have a great cruise!

I haven't seen a regular happy hour; there are times when they may offer buy 1 martini at the Martini bar & get 50% off the 2nd. The martinis at the Martini Bar are large and w/gratuty are $15.

I have also seen them offer a drink of the day special $5 if memory serves but it only applies to that drink that day.

Just a FYI in case you were not aware, the beverage package includes speciality coffees & teas, fresh squeezed & bottled juices, soda, bottled water, mocktails as well as beer, wine & cocktails. We can easily spend $15-20 each before we ever have a cocktail. 1 latte, 1juice, a bottle or 2 of water and a soda at lunch.

Hi. FYI, the classic and Premium beverage packages are on sale for some cruises. Prices were 20% off on my October Mediterranean cruise and 50% off on my transatlantic. Sale was still running this morning. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've seen them on a couple cruises in the last year, with these caveats:

They don't promote them much. Usually have to ask, basically, although we've seen cards on the bars mentioning it.

They are not every day/night.

Sometimes 1 hour in the late afternoon and 1 hour in the late evening (like 11 PM)

Thanks to those that responded. We are looking forward to cruising with X and will monitor the pricing on the drink packages to see if we spot a value proposition. Neither of us are heavy hitters, but juice/coffee/water element mentioned by one responder has some interest and possibilities.

I'm impressed by the depth of knowledge and civility of this board, thanks again.

Looks like you're a Princess or HAL regular.

Kind of disappointed to learn there is no - or unlikely to be - happy hour specials. The beverage packages still cost way too much for swill even though they're 1/2 price on our TPAC.

I think my wife and I will stay dry for the cruise. The money we save will stock our cellar very nicely.

Looks like you're a Princess or HAL regular.

Kind of disappointed to learn there is no - or unlikely to be - happy hour specials. The beverage packages still cost way too much for swill even though they're 1/2 price on our TPAC.

I think my wife and I will stay dry for the cruise. The money we save will stock our cellar very nicely.

Although we haven't sailed HAL, we have considered doing so. In researching HAL I got the impression that the drinks were less expensive than on Celebrity. The least expensive wine by the glass I have seen is Beringer White Zinfndal for $7, a couple of whites, reds and a Prosecco at $9. Speciality coffee (latte) are $4 -5, bottled water $2-4. The prices are before the 18% gratutity. To purchase the Classic package at half off -$22.50 + 18% or less than $27 may be a bargain. Just food for thought since it seems this is your first Celebrity cruise.

I went back to look at the Classic is being sold for ~USD 29.20 at today's rate, the Premium at USD 34.50. Still too much.

We're perfectly fine drinking coffee supplied in the MDR as that's what we did for 2 HAL (37 nts total) and 2 Princess (9 nts total) cruises (we did have a few horrible cappucinos on HAL before they started charging for those) and it's only a morning drink for us.

What we did on HAL (and one of the Princess cruises) was bring our own wines. Even with the service charge, it was much better value than what we could get onboard (granted, if one was a HAL 4* Mariner, the 50% off wine packages privilege may make it not worthwhile). That and HSC was what constituted the bulk of our onboard spending. Not an option on Celebrity, I know.

We'll bring our own water for cabin consumption and we're not going to pay overinflated prices for cheap plonk either. Our livers will thank us!