Changing cabin mates....

MasterMason

Hi guys,

DW and I just booked a December cruise on the Magic, and will be traveling along with another couple. After thinking about it, DW doesn't want to spring for the Cheers program, and neither does our friends wife. Is it possible to change the cabin assignment now to have her husband and I in the same cabin so that we can both get the Cheers package without them needing it, or is it too late for that? We can always have 1 cabin pay, and have the other cabin put up their half also if necessary.

P.S., this is NOT about drink sharing, just about minimizing unnecessary expenses.

Thanks

If this is your plan do it sooner rather than later. Call Carnival and ask if there are any fees or rate changes associated with your planned change. Even if you needed to pay a nominal fee it might be worth doing so.

The last line "We can always have 1 cabin pay, and have the other cabin put up their half also if necessary" Not sure what you mean by that? You and your fellow Cheers purchaser can easily be in the same stateroom and have different accounts for you Sail and Sign cards. So no issue

Hi guys,

DW and I just booked a December cruise on the Magic, and will be traveling along with another couple. After thinking about it, DW doesn't want to spring for the Cheers program, and neither does our friends wife. Is it possible to change the cabin assignment now to have her husband and I in the same cabin so that we can both get the Cheers package without them needing it, or is it too late for that? We can always have 1 cabin pay, and have the other cabin put up their half also if necessary.

P.S., this is NOT about drink sharing, just about minimizing unnecessary expenses.

Thanks

What booking did you do? Early Saver?

What booking did you do? Early Saver?

I have switched people around in cabins before (with past guest rate) with no issue and looking to do the same for an upcoming cruise, but one cabin is early saver. Does that mean I won't be able to do it without a penalty?

If you're buying Cheers in advance, you'll have to change the names in the cabins. If I understand correctly, you would incur a change fee of $50 with early saver. If you aren't buying Cheers until after boarding, you can wait until you board to make the cabin change. I've never purchased Cheers, since DH & I never have more than $400 in combined bar bills. However, we have changed cabins when traveling with our 3 children by going to the service desk & getting our cards re-issued.

I have switched people around in cabins before (with past guest rate) with no issue and looking to do the same for an upcoming cruise, but one cabin is early saver. Does that mean I won't be able to do it without a penalty?

yes your gonna get charged the penalty - not sure how it will work because technically for that particular person your canceling the cruise -- Just make sure that your moving just one person out of the Easy Saver Cabin -- Call your agent or Carnival and find out about it - Either way it saves you money

I did that on two sets of cabins on our upcoming cruise. We were able to do it with no penalty. Some of the rooms were booked on early saver, and some were not (this was before final payment). I told her exactly why we were doing it too. Hopefully you have the same experience!

Thanks everyone, I'll give a call this weekend to see what they say. The other option was for my cabin to pay for the package, and have the other husband give me half of the charges, and then just let him use my wife's card for drinks. We've done watched this happen 2 cruises before, and they never cared that a man was using a woman's card for the drinks. The problem was with getting the card from the other couple each day, but they worked it out. There were minor issues (early morning breakfast drinks) but all in all it worked out for them. I'd rather not do it that way if possible.

Thanks everyone, I'll give a call this weekend to see what they say. The other option was for my cabin to pay for the package, and have the other husband give me half of the charges, and then just let him use my wife's card for drinks. We've done watched this happen 2 cruises before, and they never cared that a man was using a woman's card for the drinks. The problem was with getting the card from the other couple each day, but they worked it out. There were minor issues (early morning breakfast drinks) but all in all it worked out for them. I'd rather not do it that way if possible.

You really don't want to do it that way. IF discovered someone would lose their Cheers privileges. Not to mention you would have to be tied to each other all day.

I did call today and was able to make the change without penalty. She said she waived the penalty. She was very nice. I told her I was doing it for Cheers and she had no problem with that. I told her my mom wanted to get cheers but my dad likes to get a bottle for the room from the fun shops.