Has anyone eaten at the Brazillian Steakhouse on the newly refurbished NCL JADE

traveller

will be on this cruise after thanksgiving and love Brazillian steak houses where they walk around with sword of different meats and have a great salad bar..Is this Brazillian steak house ( Churiscurrio ) a real brazillian deal or just another fancy word for a restaurant on the NCL JADE

will be on this cruise after thanksgiving and love Brazillian steak houses where they walk around with sword of different meats and have a great salad bar..Is this Brazillian steak house ( Churiscurrio ) a real brazillian deal or just another fancy word for a restaurant on the NCL JADE

Real

c613a7bf52447c56576194d0410b3198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a smaller version of the ones on land. The salad/side bar is especially lacking compared to the ones on land. It does offer lamb, which is a bonus. Being a fan of these type of restaurants, we were disappointed both times we tried it on ships. However, many people think it's great, so it's worth giving it a shot.

We ate at Moderno during our Great Britain cruise. I'm not really familiar with Brazilian steakhouses on land, so I can't give you a good comparison, but we really enjoyed Moderno.

The salad bar could give you a full meal by itself, but then the meat starts. And continues. And then continues some more. The service was very good, very attentive. My major problem is that I found I ran out of room way too soon to try everything I would have liked to sample.

Nothing was particularly spicy, IMO, but I did find some meat saltier than I would like. Since I don't cook with much salt, that could be just me.

My advice is try Moderno, and see for yourself. It's entertaining, and in the same room as the Mojito Bar so if all else fails...

Just don't eat much during the day!

Just so you're aware, Moderno is not exclusive to the Jade. It features on most NCL ships (it isn't on the Spirit, and I think the Sky). If you want to get more info on it then you can look at reviews of almost any NCL ship and are likely to get comments.

It was on the Jade before the refurb. Just in a different place.

The only real difference between ships is the location and the size of the salad bar. That tends to be bigger on the newer ships.

We were on the Jade last month and in Moderno they are now servicing a couple of the meat courses on platters rather than the skewers....seemed to speed up the service. We always return to this restaurant when we sail on NCL and sometimes it is amazing and sometimes just okay.....this time the service was fantastic and the food good also.

Did anything change since the refurb? Guessing it is the same. We did this on the Dawn a few years ago. Way too much meat for us.

Before the refurb it was above the atrium opposite Blue Lagoon.

They have changed that area to o'Sheehans and moved Moderno up to the Bar area near Cagneys.

Similar to the other Jewel ships and the Star. It's a better location, but the restaurant itself is the same.