Dining Room Annex???

BambiRumsey

What is this? Sailing on the Miracle soon and been daydreaming over the brochure and online pics but have no idea the purpose of this room? How does it differ from the regular dining room? Is it good or bad to be seated there?

What is this? Sailing on the Miracle soon and been daydreaming over the brochure and online pics but have no idea the purpose of this room? How does it differ from the regular dining room? Is it good or bad to be seated there?

Might not be the same place, but on the Miracle there was another "dining" area right outside the dining room... I never saw it, but there were people that ate there... don't know the pros or cons about it, but it was an overflow area from what I understand.

What typically goes on in the dining room other than people eating? Been on enough cruises, I know what flaming baked alaska looks like at this point....was wondering if this area offered the intimacy of a supper club/speciality restaurant with out the price tag. This is to by my annual romantic cruise with just my husband and not our DD so we are hoping for a well placed, intimate table for two - should I see the maitre'd when i board and try to get in this room?

On the Legend we were seated in the annex dining room. It is rather small and decorated just like the main dining room. Every family seated in there for our cruise had kids. Definitely looked like that was intentional. We received the same level of service but would have preferred being in the main dining room.

What typically goes on in the dining room other than people eating? Been on enough cruises, I know what flaming baked alaska looks like at this point....was wondering if this area offered the intimacy of a supper club/speciality restaurant with out the price tag. This is to by my annual romantic cruise with just my husband and not our DD so we are hoping for a well placed, intimate table for two - should I see the maitre'd when i board and try to get in this room?

I would say that there was approximately 12-15 tables in there of varying sizes. I don't recall any tables for two in there however. Not sure if they put families with kids in there on every cruise like they did for ours. The room itself is up towards the very front of the dining room on the lower level. It also has it's own entrance door from the corridor. I would wait and check out who is in there before requesting a change.

We got married on the Glory and this is where they seated us and the rest of our wedding party for the evening dinners.

You miss the ambiance of the main dining room and it seemed that every night we were the last to be served.

If I had a choice I would not choose to be seated there, even if in a large group.

Been on enough cruises, I know what flaming baked alaska looks like at this point....was wondering if this area offered the intimacy of a supper club/speciality restaurant with out the price tag. T?

I don't remember what baked flaming alaska looks like as it has been YEARS since I've seen it on a CCL ship!

We were in the annex on the miracle, and we loved it. We did not have to be bothered with all the dining room chit chat from the matre'd. We had our own enterance and exit,a nd we always the first served. It was wonderful, cause we were in and out of dinner as fast as we wanted to be. There was 2 tables with kids in there, and the rest were newlywebs. There are 8 tables in there, and booths.

Leo and sandy were our waiters and did a wonderful job!

Seated in that annex only once. On the LEGEND out of NYC a year ago. Worst table I've ever been at. Service was horrendous, I thought. I got the impression that it was a "training" room for new waiters. The only time I've ever noted poor dining service on my comment card. :(

Archived