Western Caribbean Recommendations

sflaig

I will be sailing on Celebrity to the Western Caribbean and I am hoping for some recommendations. Which port to do a beach day? Which port to do a sailing/snorkel day? What NOT to miss between Florida Keys, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. THANK You so much!!!:D

Key West- take a nice walk to the Southernmost point in the United States and have a piece of lime pieCayman- have to go to Stingray City on a boat and integrate snorkeling on the trip

Cozumel- visit ruins or go to a private beach club

Have a nice trip!

I will be sailing on Celebrity to the Western Caribbean and I am hoping for some recommendations. Which port to do a beach day? Which port to do a sailing/snorkel day? What NOT to miss between Florida Keys, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. THANK You so much!!!:D

Key West: Walking town of history, shops, bars, restaurants..rent a bike..or walk ..Duvall St.

Grand Cayman: Seven Mile Beach, or Swimming with the Stingrays

Cozumel: Paradise Beach (google it) A Blast!!!! 7 minute taxi ride.

Costa Maya: Sorry, have yet to visit here.

Edited by champagne123

In Cozumel, we love Mr. Sancho's Beach Club! It's a 10 minute taxi ride from the cruise terminal. The keys to full enjoyment are:

1. Advance reservations on their website

2. Arrive early in the day to ensure great seating and schedule massages, horseback riding, beachfront lounges....

3. Be ready to tip each wonderful server....the service there is fantastic!

4. Leave at least one hour before your ship is due to sail...the lines at the pier are VERY long.

Can't wait to go back there....have fun!

W2oUgpukOGSsi3kQm2gqbGf9avgBQEdhGX6xV5RFzkUo6xrxsqywqjWktujFgF5-3fuSLggriVUumpsr1sm3rgM1KE0qKNCOeyNg2zC0A-yKVB5QD2q9h-5eqH0JEHcCdcigFG7-btnbBRVqIZElg3wVxPEwQYFzIgju122X4RWGM9VCqvurfsUftCDOclSTQL0wQr47a1s7uviN6u9IUU9Eqr4XfcCJDcR9z6Etekj4VOT475vCY47_gs6aJYJ10zkZUPXpHtH45FEK2PIktRUoBBChfyjobgYdMwkACqql-oaqEFJo1AdCvOaZGZ9bePyQhekBjsLyzjvGgCez7Np9Cs5WsBwgwYEdgvtl00XDI2A7Qm2G5i6zldlhwiNQXX-ZmiFpJ4Y_YO5F23pbwoeTE_Eqjfey1KDy45AKxhrT2e2ExW1ldVKoJjVyVSNCqsGoskDLNLNHUk1r7hVvVm31SxRma_pnkChZ7bjlpaDJF6-BmX6WC-ULOyUk5V9sCKeDJME7Wrj60TW9j12ob9G65xCy-UcWv4hXeSYTwPodSGInSMgBIp818Gj_sRYZr4mNjkinc4cB4F4Dp--j4xPJGTChGsyqf5tDZopkhMgW-w1cMyHx=w1027-h770-noIt was our first time in Costa Maya this past April as one of the ports on the Jazz Festival & Caribbean cruise on Equinox. An individual on our roll call made reservations for a group of 16 of us at Tropicante. He had been there before and highly recommended it.

Steve, the owner, is a very nice guy and had lounge chairs under umbrellas on the beach waiting for us. There is no fee other than the actual cost of food and drinks. Nice place to relax, walk the beach and take a dip in the clean, warm water. Very pleasant day in a quiet spot. Easy to get to from the port via cab or jitney.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499450-d1421462-Reviews-Tropicante_Ameri_Mex_Grill-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Edited by cruisin' lady

Was also in Cozumel in April. Took Celebrity's excursion to Rio Secreto. You can book directly with them but I was more comfortable booking through the ship since we had to take a boat ride to the mainland and our on-time return was "guaranteed". The walk/swim through the caves was wonderful. I was a little nervous about this since I am not a strong swimmer. Our guide had me walk right behind him in our single file line. It reminded me of kindergarten kids holding hands as we made our way through the caves. It was beautiful and unique.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150812-d1075137-Reviews-Rio_Secreto-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.riosecreto.com/