What beverages are included?

sunflower1972

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could inform me of what beverages are included in the price of the cruise. We are booked on the Sun. I'm seeing regular post stating Tea, coffee, and ice tea. When I booked, the Princess Rep said Soda was included with meals, as well as juice. Is this correct information? Sorry for such a silly questions....just trying to figure out this cruise thing;)

Thanks so much!

SF

You can also have milk at meals at no additional charge. Bottled water is extra. Sodas are never free, but you can purchase a soda card for the cruise if you are a big soda drinker. This is usable only for bar sodas (not cans), which is what you get in the dining room. In the buffet it is cans.

They make way too much money on soda to ever give it away.. But you can bring it aboard and put it in your in-room fridge. You can take that to dinner no extra charge (there may be a corkage fee on wine).

They used to have complimentary espresso after dinner but that is not true anymore. Regular coffee is free, but the fancy stuff will cost you. I've never bought it, but friends who have said it was pretty good.

The other drinks are correct as listed above...I've had juice and milk in the dining room for free at breakfast and lunch. Juice is available (OJ and cranberry on my last cruise, I've seen grapefruit other times) at breakfast at the buffet, as is milk. Watch out for the milk if you are American. My last cruise they had skim and whole (just fine) but also shelf stable European milk. I tried it for fun, I liked it well enough but it has a really different taste than plain milk!

There's no lemonade. I was hoping after Carnival bought them that this would be free with the iced tea (I heard it is on Carnival), but I've not seen it yet.

Oh and alcohol.... for 21 and older drinks are free at the Captains Welcome in the atrium, champagne at the champagne waterfall and art auctions. Look for specials, some of them are really good! If you buy lemoncello at dinner, you get free refills and keep the glass. If you are a captains circle member there is another party with free drinks.

Hope that helps.

How about hot chocolate after dinner instead of coffee? I've always had luck ordering it. Also, it is usually offered at breakfast.

I have ordered this several times at lunch and dinner in the dining room and never been charged.

I have been able to order juice at lunch and dinner in the dining room at no charge.

While ordering a juice for dinner in the dinning room on our last cruise (two weeks ago) with the SEA Princess we were told from our waiter that they have to charge now for juices. The head waiter and maitr'e did both confirm this. Is was the first time during our 20 cruises with Princess that we had to pay for it.

They'll be selling them at several different locations depending on the ship, but the odds are good you'll be able to get one at the entrance to the buffet. You're not supposed to share the cokes you buy with your sticker with anyone else, but people do this all the time without being thrown overboard or anything. :D Whether you're comfortable following/not following that rule is up to you.

Just curious... where do you buy the coke card at once your on the ship? Also, my wife is the one that will use it most but if I ever want a pop is it a problem if I have one on the card we bought for her?

Where to Buy: no problem, you will be flooded by the displays when you board.......:rolleyes:

Using Wife's Card: done all the time, wife orders, you drink......:)

Archived