Cafe Promenade

It's not what it used to be IMO (going by my two Oasis cruises in the past six weeks). They used to rotate different items, now it's the same exact menu everyday. Breakfast pastries are fine (I like the danish) and cookies have always been good but you can find them in WJ. Not a big fan of the lunch/dinner offerings other than the pink/berry tart/pie thing.

For a quick snack, I much prefer Sorrento's for a slice of pizza or Park Cafe for a sandwich (depending on the ship of course).

For the record, I have no idea what's on Princess, just sharing some Cafe Promenade thoughts.

IMO Princess buffet is much better than Royals...I've cruised on both lines and prefer Princess food over Royal.

Although we aren't comparing the buffet, I have to disagree with your comment. The buffet set up on Princess is claustrophobic, congested, and confusing. I doubt we will sail Princess again as it was kind of a deal breaker. We simply prefer RCI buffets on ships smaller than Oasis class.

OP, we enjoy the Cafe Promenade. There should be coffee and hot water in the back, with tea bags and hot chocolate packets as well. We have always found something yummy to nibble on there. :)

I am very fond of the International Cafe on Princess. Will I be equally happy with the Cafe Promenade? Are they very similar?

The International Cafe is much better than Cafe Promenade, both in selection and quality. We seldom eat lunch in the Princess buffet because the salads at International Cafe are so good.

On the plus side, Cafe Promenade has pretty good complimentary brewed coffee. The small sandwiches and deserts are OK, nothing special. And if you enjoy pizza on Princess...you will be very disappointed with the pizza offered in all venues on Royal.

On Allure it has a good selection of different teas and free coffee as others mentioned. It's good if you feel like something sweet (but don't want to ruin your appetite) or a small snack/sandwich. Good place to chill.