Equinox Muster

musik07

Does anyone know when the muster is done on the Equinox? I know ships have 24 hours to do the muster. Every cruise I have been on has done it before spillway, however the Equinox sails so early (3:30, with our first port call being Key West which isn't far). Do they wait until after sail away, or is it quite early in the afternoon? Trying to determine if I want to pack a swimsuit in my carry on for the day we get on the ship or leave it in my suitcase!

Does anyone know when the muster is done on the Equinox? I know ships have 24 hours to do the muster. Every cruise I have been on has done it before spillway, however the Equinox sails so early (3:30, with our first port call being Key West which isn't far). Do they wait until after sail away, or is it quite early in the afternoon? Trying to determine if I want to pack a swimsuit in my carry on for the day we get on the ship or leave it in my suitcase!

They no longer wait for after the ship sails, it is now always done prior to pulling away from the dock. So, if you are sailing at 3:30, it will probably be around 2:30 ( seems like maybe 2:45 at the very latest) to give people time to get back to their cabins and then out on deck for the sail away party. 3:30 seems awfully early to sail out ... but see that is what the schedule shows for their upcoming cruises. If people are still boarding during / after the muster drill, they will have them make it up within 24 hours of setting sail.

Also, the muster drills now seem to all be done inside and not out on the deck so not sure you would want to go in your swimsuit. Maybe shorts by the pool would work out a little better for you. ??

They no longer wait for after the ship sails, it is now always done prior to pulling away from the dock. So, if you are sailing at 3:30, it will probably be around 2:30 ( seems like maybe 2:45 at the very latest) to give people time to get back to their cabins and then out on deck for the sail away party. 3:30 seems awfully early to sail out ... but see that is what the schedule shows for their upcoming cruises. If people are still boarding during / after the muster drill, they will have them make it up within 24 hours of setting sail.

Also, the muster drills now seem to all be done inside and not out on the deck so not sure you would want to go in your swimsuit. Maybe shorts by the pool would work out a little better for you. ??

This is exactly why I wanted to know about packing a swimsuit and if it was even worth it, although I wouldn't be opposed to throwing some shorts on over a swimsuit for muster! We typically head to the pool before muster for awhile and go back and change a bit before the drill. However with this early time there will be no way! I will just leave my swimsuit in the suitcase and not transfer it over to my carry on. I agree that it seems very early to sail, considering how close our first port is, but I have been watching the Miami port cam the past few weeks and they sail away at 3:30 on the dot or even a few minutes early! We will be staying overnight in Brickell the night before so we will be onboard quite early, but I won't plan on swimming until after muster this cruise.

We are currently on the Equinox. Muster drill was at 2:45pm and sail away 3:30pm.

Thanks DogLover! This is the exact information I needed to make my decision about what to carry on and what to leave in my suitcase to be delivered to the room. I hope you have a great cruise!

I guess it depends on what time you plan on arriving. I always wear my bathing suit with a cover-up when we board.

In June, we were on the ship by 10:45 and spent several hours lounging up on deck. Plenty of time for sun and lunch, and becoming oriented before muster