Reduced Rate Upgrade Program

Toronto Guy

Why do I get the feeling that this program for captains club members really doesn't exist? I'd love to upgrade for an upcoming trip but I haven't received the mysterious Tuesday email offer that they supposedly send if upgrades are available. Has anybody ever received one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Tuesday email.

However, Celebrity offers a one category upgrade at time of booking (some exceptions like suites and C1). If you book a C3 you can get a C2 cabin; also A2 gets you an A1 cabin.

This amounts usually to a $100 or so savings.

No Tuesday email.

However, Celebrity offers a one category upgrade at time of booking (some exceptions like suites and C1). If you book a C3 you can get a C2 cabin; also A2 gets you an A1 cabin.

This amounts usually to a $100 or so savings.

Yes I'm aware of that - but I'm specifically talking about the new program that was announced about a year and a half ago to do a paid upgrade (but it clearly said not available on all sailings.).

Yes I'm aware of that - but I'm specifically talking about the new program that was announced about a year and a half ago to do a paid upgrade (but it clearly said not available on all sailings.).

This is where I see the magical Tuesday email:

http://www.justtraveldeals.ca/celebrity-cruises-reduced-rate-upgrade-program

I'm not sure the program the OP is talking about only sends mail on Tuesday's. I believe they do this when the revenue department is working on the remaining inventory trying to maximize the occupancy by freeing up cabins they can sell easier by offering upgrades at reduced rates.

Tuesday specials or Exciting Deals are something totally different.

To answer the OP's question I did get an upsell call one time about a year before they started the official program. It was the only time in over 30 cruises I booked directly with Celebrity and I had booked a GTY cabin.

I have seen threads pertaining to this upgrade where the passenger has received an email just a few days out from sailaway asking if the wanted to upgrade. I have seen others where a passenger has declined an upgrade because the cabin offered was deemed inferior to that already booked. I understand that this programme is still very much in its infancy and in beta testing

I'm not sure the program the OP is talking about only sends mail on Tuesday's. I believe they do this when the revenue department is working on the remaining inventory trying to maximize the occupancy by freeing up cabins they can sell easier by offering upgrades at reduced rates.

Tuesday specials or Exciting Deals are something totally different.

To answer the OP's question I did get an upsell call one time about a year before they started the official program. It was the only time in over 30 cruises I booked directly with Celebrity and I had booked a GTY cabin.

I am aware of the difference between Tuesday Exciting Deals and this. If you read through the details in the link above it clearly states that there is an email sent out on a Tuesday. First I ever heard of that as well but came across this when searching around about it online.

Don't know that mass emails are being used. I can only imagine the madness if a email is send to a few hundred people when there are only 2-3 upgrades available and the cost would vary by what type of cabin you were booked in.

My TA occasionally gets contacted with an offer for a named individual to upgrade for reduced rate. Since these are time sensitive offers if the TA calls and we don't answere they don't leave a message.

We got 1 call and didn't want the upgrade as we would have moved to a suite but the friends we were traveling with wouldn't be in the same dining room.

If you are booked directly with X someone contacts you- she is affectionately called the "upsell fairy". Wish she would call for my upcoming cruise:)

I got the call 5 weeks before my cruise last year. Had a good chat and the agent said that it takes a few calls to get 'a bite'. He sounded frustrated and was very happy when I said yes. I think it is done within 45 days from the cruise and only when there are a good number of cabins to sell. Seeing that many cruises are close to sold out in this time frame it would not be often. Mine was out of Chile.

I had booked directly with Celebrity.

I told a fellow cruiser about it so they called and got no where. It was the job of this one person . He left me his name and number as I needed to call him back.

I was in oceanview an he offered a balcony for $100 , conceirges for $200 or Aqua class for $300. This was Can.$ total for 2 of us. As stated on the Celebrity site we got the points for oceanview ( we took Aqua)