Has Anyone Used Mobile Passport App Recently?

Luvcrusn

Yes. In April. Even tho personnel at port were confused about directing us, ( why?), we managed to get in right line, short line, and breezed thru in expedited fashion after baggage pickup. We had both passports on one phone on the app. We had preloaded all passport info. We updated ship info on arrival- there is a time limit for use upon arrival......so you can't do night before, for example. Keep an eye on signs- ask- seems we steered to right that day. Next trip we were in CLT after flight- no mobile passport. Flight crew from CLT didn't even know what it was, said they had never heard of it! Shortly after we were made to feel like idiots, a PA announcement came on stating CLT airport not equipped to handle mobile passport. When available, it's a great app. Set up n advance because you have to add your photo! Friendly reminder to female travelers- don't start setting up app first thing in morning....at least wait until you appear presentable for your photo op!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few months ago when returning to FLL we got in a short line with our cell phone ready and the agent told us not to bother and just waved us through with a glance at our passports saying have a nice day. ?? Every experience is different i guess.

bosco

Friendly reminder to female travelers- don't start setting up app first thing in morning....at least wait until you appear presentable for your photo op!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the warning, but I awake perfectly ravishing every morning! Just ask me, I'll confirm,;p

We most recently used it in May. Had used it previously. It is very user friendly and easy to use. You still do need to have your passport as you check out with the customs officer. We were out in record time.

Assuming everyone already knows but if you have the Global Entry (GOES) Card you go in the same fast line exiting the port & do not need the mobile passport. We love it - always in the TSA Pre-Check at the airports & very fast when arriving by air or car from a foreign country into the US. We are fairly close to the Detroit-Windsor border crossing & we're coming back across last Sunday. The GOES allows you to use Nexus coming into the US. There were at least 20 cars in each line & none in the Nexus line. I suppose if you don't travel often or cross any boarders, if may not be worth it, but we do love it & use it often.