Koningsdam: VB Category Staterooms on Beethoven Deck Questions

rkacruiser

1. The forward VB Category Staterooms near/over The World Stage: how much noise may one hear coming from the programs in The World Stage?

2. The aft VB Category Staterooms over the galley and dining room: how much noise may one hear coming from the galley and dining room?

3. The deck plan shows that the VB Staterooms on Beethoven Deck have a larger veranda than the other V Categories. I assume that the upper decks do not totally cover the VB verandas. If so, approximately how much of the veranda is uncovered?

Thank you for your information.

3. The deck plan shows that the VB Staterooms on Beethoven Deck have a larger veranda than the other V Categories. I assume that the upper decks do not totally cover the VB verandas. If so, approximately how much of the veranda is uncovered?
This pic is of the side balcony of an aft-wrap. It looks to me about 5 ft covered and 5 ft uncovered.

http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/kodm4184-Side-balcony.jpg

We were in cabin 4020 with a huge balcony. Loved it! However, the evenings that the BB King band played, it was like they were in our cabin.......very loud. Not a deal breaker for us, as we stay up late, but could be an issue for some people.

I'm going to bump this thread with the hope that others may reply to my Questions #1 and #3 about noise from The World Stage and the affect, if any, of the upper decks over Beethoven Deck.

Others have given me assurance that the aft VB staterooms over the Galley and Dining Room do not produce noise.

I am still hoping for some reply about how much of the VB Staterooms' verandas are covered by the upper decks, if they any.
All of the deck 4 VB balconies are the same depth as the side of 4184, which is shown in the link in post #3. To me it looks like they are about half covered.

I am still hoping for some reply about how much of the VB Staterooms' verandas are covered by the upper decks, if they any.

Here is a Youtube video of drone footage which gives you a good view of the forward and aft balconies: https://youtu.be/T6A6UWMErLk. 1:05 is a good view of the partially covered forward VB balconies and 1:27 shows the aft balconies. Reviews has said they are half covered, much like the Caribe deck balconies on Princess grand class ships.

Here's another:

We were in cabin 4020 with a huge balcony. Loved it! However, the evenings that the BB King band played, it was like they were in our cabin.......very loud. Not a deal breaker for us, as we stay up late, but could be an issue for some people.

Well then I guess I better bring my ear plugs; as I'm a little more forward in 4011 next month. Was it really that loud?

What time does the World Stage shut down at night?

Here is a Youtube video of drone footage which gives you a good view of the forward and aft balconies: https://youtu.be/T6A6UWMErLk. 1:05 is a good view of the partially covered forward VB balconies and 1:27 shows the aft balconies. Reviews has said they are half covered, much like the Caribe deck balconies on Princess grand class ships.

Here's another:

Loved the video! Thanks for posting it.