Benefit to flight ease

dee2673

So I booked through an agency and know that I have to contact them to arrange flights to FLL next February. My question is about what advantage there is to booking through Flight Ease. Booking on our own, with a companion fare thingy, is very reasonable. However our cruise is in February which means snow and possible weather delays. Hubby is very paranoid about not making the cruise due to cancelled flights because of snow. It's happened to us twice in the past. If I book through HAL, do I have any sort of guarantee ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you booked through HAL with insurance they will get you to where you need to go. Maybe another flight or port.. Happened to me with a flight being cancelled. Airline paid for hotel HAL got me on an early morning flight and I did not miss the sailing. I did fly a day before the sailing, that gave me some wiggle space.

Have gotten in the habit of always going to the port at least 1 day before we sail - just to be safe - and have not missed a cruise yet, even when I came from MN. Did my own air because of going in early.

HAL airfare will get you to the ship. Have been on a cruise where we sailed about 6 hours late waiting for a flight coming from the east coast thru a snow storm that had about 20 HAL-booked passengers on board.

Another advantage is that if you have a FCD, you can use that to secure your cruise, airfare and pre or post hotel when you go through HAL.

All for $100. (y)

I thought FCD's were solely for deposits on the cruise. Is this something new? And if you do book air and/or hotel through HAL, do you have to give a deposit?

Thanks all. Even though it will cost more to book through HAL, I think we will. We are flying Seattle to FLL and leaving 2 days ahead. Personally, I think we'd be fine to book on our own but Hubby is still concerned. This is our 45th anniversary and we splurged on an aft wrap NS. Don't want to miss the boat..:)

I thought FCD's were solely for deposits on the cruise. Is this something new? And if you do book air and/or hotel through HAL, do you have to give a deposit?

I hope I didn't misspeak. I used my Princess FCD on my upcoming Regal cruise. I was able to use my FCD to secure airfare, pre hotel, transfers and the 14 day cruise all with just the FCD. That makes it so easy to do.

I thought HAL would have the same options as Princess but I was just guessing.

If you're planning on giving yourself a 2 day window, there really isn't much need to go through the cruise line for your flights. 2 days should give ample time, should delays occur.[/

Yeah, I know. Hubby is driving me a little crazy with his concerns. 2 days ahead is more than ample even in the dead of winter. He won't listen though..:(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aw, listen to your hubby...this time, anyway. Ahem, kidding aside, you have a time-change coming from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale so two days arrival in advance will allow you to "catch up" on that, so you are well rested for the cruise itself. Besides, staying in south Florida, enjoying the ocean or pool, perhaps a little excursion around the canals, etc., will be a very nice way to begin your special anniversary cruise.

And if there are airline or weather delays, you can relax as you have a nice cushion.

Aw, listen to your hubby...this time, anyway. Ahem, kidding aside, you have a time-change coming from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale so two days arrival in advance will allow you to "catch up" on that, so you are well rested for the cruise itself. Besides, staying in south Florida, enjoying the ocean or pool, perhaps a little excursion around the canals, etc., will be a very nice way to begin your special anniversary cruise.

And if there are airline or weather delays, you can relax as you have a nice cushion.

LOL..those are almost exactly his thoughts. There are worse things than an extra day in Florida..like missing your cruise! So, yes THIS time, I am going to listen to him. But he better not get used to it..;)

LOL..those are almost exactly his thoughts. There are worse things than an extra day in Florida..like missing your cruise! So, yes THIS time, I am going to listen to him. But he better not get used to it..;)

I think you are wise to listen this time ;)

Two days out is the minimum for us - usually 3 whether we book our own flights or not.

We need to get out of here on a "puddle hopper" to connect and there are only 3 a day. Stuff happens. Mechanical problems. Weather problems here or where the plane originates from. And, I will happily take 2 days in Fort Lauderdale or any pre-cruise port ;)