Seems like fare was raised in time for Explore 4

bUU

We booked our Sept cruise back in Oct last year when Explore4 was last offered. I think it was a much better deal then. We got the SBP, a Pinnacle Grill dinner, prepaid gratuities, $250 OBC and $200 "internet" credit for booking a suite but it's my understanding that HAL simply puts it in your account and you may spend it on anything. The 3rd/4th passenger offer was also included but we didn't use it. We could have passed on the Explore4 and paid roughly $800 less per person but we would have been giving about $815 per person in "perks" so for us it was an easy decision. I wasn't impressed with current Explore4, I don't consider the "reduced deposit" to be worth anything... the total fare is the same no matter what, so paying less now just means you pay more later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The internet credit may not go into your general account. At least once we received a gift acknowledgement saying we had the internet credit, and it didn't show up on the account until we'd purchased internet time. Then we saw the charge followed by the credit.

Regarding the e-maiI that was sent to me advising the Explore 4 deal was back, it said it was "better than ever." The OBC for those in suites is $200 this year. Two years ago we received $300. I suppose "better than ever" is a matter of interpretation.

Very true, we too got $300 OBC with Explore4 two years ago. Also, they included a comp'd dinner in Canaletto as well as Pinnacle Grill (along with the two SBP's) two years ago. Not sure how that's better than ever. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
I have to do some serious number crunching. Our price went down nicely on one segment but we lose a really good promo.

But, if I may ask, what the heck is a PVP?

Personal Vacation Planner - but I thought they were only for Carnival