Spa pass question on the Pearl

cadmille

If you purchase a Spa pass for the week how do they know who purchased it? Arm bands or do they put something on your card? I was just thinking there will be 6 of us all adults in three separate cabins could we purchase 2 Spa passes and share it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The Spa Passes are sold to one individual at a time. They take your stateroom card (your photo shows on that) and scan it when you check-in for each visit, then give you a wrist ban for the duration of each of your visits (which you return to the desk to retrieve your stateroom card). Your plan is like Swiss cheese!

A sticker is put on your room key. We have bought spa passes for every cruise, love it. They actually have never scanned our cards when we check in to the thermal spa (I think we are cruise #12 with NCL).... but they do hold on to your room key until you check out.

It's pretty much the same staff at the desk throughout the cruise, they get to know your name quickly, you would be caught "sharing".

The Spa Passes are sold to one individual at a time. They take your stateroom card (your photo shows on that) and scan it when you check-in for each visit, then give you a wrist ban for the duration of each of your visits (which you return to the desk to retrieve your stateroom card). Your plan is like Swiss cheese!

Are you sure this was on NCL? I've had a spa pass on all four of my NCL cruises (Jade, Epic, Pearl, Pearl) and they've never scanned my card or given me a wristband. I do agree that the idea of buying two passes and sharing between six people is an extremely poor plan!

If you purchase a Spa pass for the week how do they know who purchased it? Arm bands or do they put something on your card? I was just thinking there will be 6 of us all adults in three separate cabins could we purchase 2 Spa passes and share it?

I love the spa on the Pearl -- sailed her twice with a spa pass each time. But, you won't be able to share spa passes. As pointed out, a pass is sold to one person and only that person can use it. By the second day the spa personnel called me by name and they take your card each time. I've never had them scan it, but they do keep it as others have said.

Are you sure this was on NCL? I've had a spa pass on all four of my NCL cruises (Jade, Epic, Pearl, Pearl) and they've never scanned my card or given me a wristband. I do agree that the idea of buying two passes and sharing between six people is an extremely poor plan!

I can't remember which ship it was, but at one of the spas they gave you a key for the locker (if you wanted a locker) on a band that I did put on my wrist. The newer ships you just punch in a code for the lockers.

Maybe this is the wrist band the poster was referring to?

I can't remember which ship it was, but at one of the spas they gave you a key for the locker (if you wanted a locker) on a band that I did put on my wrist. The newer ships you just punch in a code for the lockers.

Maybe this is the wrist band the poster was referring to?

I think it was on the Jade that they gave me something like that, but I wouldn't call it a "wrist band." I interpreted that to mean something they used to identify you, and those (anyway the ones I got) were just to assign a locker to me. Fun thing was, half the time I opened the locker I was assigned there was someone's stuff already in it! Not a great system!

We had the spa pass on our 10-day Alaska trip last year. They gave us a wrist band that they said we could wear for the duration. They also put a sticker on the back of our card key. I wore the wrist band the first day and never again. I don't remember anyone else wearing them either. They would take the card key at the front desk then give it back when you left - no scanning that I saw. But I don't think you'd be able to share because they probably do recognize you from one day to the next - they only sell 90-something passes per cruise (from my understanding) so it's easy for them to remember your face.