Live from the Elation

GS92

Thank you for the posts and the willingness to answer questions!! We are going in January, after dry dock. You mentioned plenty of outlets. How many and where are they located? I have been telling everyone in our group to bring a splitter because of the lack of outlets. Are there now hair dryers in the rooms? Thanks again!

Sorry for the delay in responding to recent questions. Things have been a little crazy getting back to the real world.

Elegant night is night 2. Freeport night for us. No lobster unless you pay extra.

One actual outlet which had either 2 or 3 plugs. 2 I think. But then there were two USB outlets with 2 plugs each for each bed. There was a hair dryer hard wired into a drawer in the desk.

Disembark was uneventful. Again FTTF was worth it. We checked our bags so we waited in the Mikado lounge right by the front elevators which were used only for taking you down to the disembark area and were the first ones called after people carrying off their own bags.

One tip that I discovered. If you use a porter, they apparently have their own line for customs. I am pretty sure we got through a good bit quicker than people who were well ahead of us carrying their own bags. And they will take your bags all the way to your car. Well worth the $15 tip.

All in all a great trip.

One actual outlet which had either 2 or 3 plugs. 2 I think. But then there were two USB outlets with 2 plugs each for each bed. There was a hair dryer hard wired into a drawer in the desk.

Thank you! This is great news and I will pass it along to my traveling companions. :D

Disembark was uneventful. Again FTTF was worth it. We checked our bags so we waited in the Mikado lounge right by the front elevators which were used only for taking you down to the disembark area and were the first ones called after people carrying off their own bags.

All in all a great trip.

I didn't know they were adding hair dryers! That is awesome. We won't have an updated cabin this time 😩 but one of our travel mates will so we will at least get to check it out. So glad you had a good trip. 12 days to go!

We are cruising in December, so I am hoping that our cabin is updated-glad to know they got rid of the boxes in the corner. we ended up with twins last time we cruised on the elation, because the box made it impossible for the DH to get out of bed without either crawling over me, or bumping his legs into the box.

thank you very much for all the updates, and sorry about having to return to the real world.

Could someone please tell me which cabins have been upgraded. I will be boarding on 10/07/17, in cabin M178. What are the upgrades? Thanks in advance.

Since the dry dock will be completed prior to your departure, your cabin should be upgraded. From what I've gathered, the tile in the bathroom and the carpet in the cabins will be upgraded, there will be a hair dryer, flat screens (instead of the box tvs), and either the amount of outlets or the type of outlets available will be changed (not sure if the ship included USB ports before). I'm not sure if I've missed anything but I will be doing a ship tour the day of your departure, so we'll both see! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was anything mentioned about what upgrades she will be getting in dry dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Per the email my PVP sent me, the dry dock will consist of the below:

- Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements

- Cherry on Top (to replace Special Occasions)

- Blue Iguana Cantina (replace food service, Mongolian Wok)

- Guy's Burger Joint (replace food service, Off the Grill and Rotisserie)

- Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (replace pool bar)

- Red Frog Rum Bar (replace pool bar)

- Camp Ocean (replace Camp Carnival)

- WaterWorks- (here's the note they put on the WaterWorks) Please note that WaterWorks will not be completed during dry dock; it will open sometime after dry dock (date: to be determined).

The dry dock will take place 8/31/17-9/27/17.

- WaterWorks- (here's the note they put on the WaterWorks) Please note that WaterWorks will not be completed during dry dock; it will open sometime after dry dock (date: to be determined).

I do hope that WaterWorks will be done before we sail in January 2018! My grandkids will be disappointed if it isn't.

One tip that I discovered. If you use a porter, they apparently have their own line for customs. I am pretty sure we got through a good bit quicker than people who were well ahead of us carrying their own bags. And they will take your bags all the way to your car. Well worth the $15 tip.

Funny, we have always use the porters when we get off the ship, they get us out of customs by going straight to the front and through their own line, they always get a $20 tip from us up front, worth every penny and no line (plus we always park at port and they take all the luggage straight to the car and load it)....we always see people trying to run (ignore or not make eye contact) from the porters as they are coming off the ships and then look at us with a puzzled (not nice) look on their faces as we pass them up in the long lines through customs etc...;)

Thanks for the info. Sounds good to me.

Smarks, that's the sailing I'll be on too. I can't wait to see the finished dry dock. We have a roll call. It's not very busy.

Hi LucyB, I am on the roll call board. Maybe it will pick up soon. See you on board.

Smarks, that's the sailing I'll be on too. I can't wait to see the finished dry dock. We have a roll call. It's not very busy.

Please take photos of all the upgrades when you are on your sailing so we can see what to expect. The cabins were in dire need of improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
CD Kevin Donohue = the most fun, enjoyable CD I've ever traveled with. Spent many weeks with him on The Splendor during 2015 and 2016. If you get a chance, go to his 80s music trivia at night that's held in the Atrium (at least it was on The Splendor). It was the best and I swear, half the ship watched or participated from all levels of the Atrium. It rocked.

He is the one CD I want to travel with again.

Enjoy your cruise!

Try Dr. E on the Magic

I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but can you tell me about debarkation? I've read that you embark and debark from a lower deck. We were planning to do self-assist but I am concerned that the elevators will be a nightmare and I've had the misfortune of doing self-assist and having to use the stairs. Would never recommend that. Can you describe your experience and what type of debarkation you chose? Thanks!

I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but can you tell me about debarkation? I've read that you embark and debark from a lower deck. We were planning to do self-assist but I am concerned that the elevators will be a nightmare and I've had the misfortune of doing self-assist and having to use the stairs. Would never recommend that. Can you describe your experience and what type of debarkation you chose? Thanks!

The self assist was the best ever. You go by floor to forward elevator I think they control the elevators and you are off in no time at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The self assist was the best ever. You go by floor to forward elevator I think they control the elevators and you are off in no time at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! I've been on ships where you couldn't get an elevator and you had to drag your luggage down the stairs - ended up with a nasty shoulder injury that I would not like to repeat. This is great news!