Bermuda in May

cruisin0504

Hi - I am looking for recommendations. My Mom (80 years old) and I are going to cruise to Bermuda next May. I am looking at the 3 local options - NCL Breakaway, RCL Anthem and Celebrity Summit. I have been on the 2 mega ships and never on the Summit.

Which do you think would meet her needs best? She is mobile - but sometimes has balance issues. One thought that I had was that I experienced the medical care on the Anthem and it was great. Does Summit have comparable care to the newer larger ships?

Thanks in advance!

I have been on all three ships. My honest opinion is your mom will like the Summit the best, for many reasons. Better food.. better service...a better atmosphere for an 80 year old lady. You may not, however prefer it if you LOVED the mega ships. They are more family oriented and many more children. I would take the Summit any day.

Hi - I am looking for recommendations. My Mom (80 years old) and I are going to cruise to Bermuda next May. I am looking at the 3 local options - NCL Breakaway, RCL Anthem and Celebrity Summit. I have been on the 2 mega ships and never on the Summit.

Which do you think would meet her needs best? She is mobile - but sometimes has balance issues. One thought that I had was that I experienced the medical care on the Anthem and it was great. Does Summit have comparable care to the newer larger ships?

In 2018, the Escape will be cruising to Bermuda. The Breakaway is being reassigned.

I would eliminate the RCCL Anthem from consideration because it is only doing 5 night cruises to Bermuda in May. The Escape and Summit do 7 night cruises.

The Summit would be my choice as it will be less crowded.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

Been to Bermuda twice the last week of May and twice the middle of June and from experience the difference of 3 weeks makes a difference. The water and temperature is noticably warmer in June so if there is any way you can rebook I would highly recommend it.

Enjoy your cruising days

We are going the end of April so will be in Bermuda the beginning of April. We are not real water people and as long as the air is warm and the sun is out,we will be happy. Want to do some walking and exploring so hopefully weather will be good for that. We went middle of June this year and the temp was pretty warm.

Laura

Hi - I am looking for recommendations. My Mom (80 years old) and I are going to cruise to Bermuda next May. ... Which do you think would meet her needs best? She is mobile - but sometimes has balance issues. ... Does Summit have comparable care to the newer larger ships?

Thanks in advance!

Please add our vote for the Summit. We cruised to Bermuda on the Summit last year in May - found the weather delightful. The medical staff onboard was excellent. DH became ill and we visited the medical facility multiple times during our 7 day cruise. Received OTC meds as well as prescription medications needed for his condition. He was treated by both of the doctors in the medical facility and found the care to be equal to what we receive in Boston.

I was having some balance issues on our cruise to Bermuda last month, so borrowed a cane from the medical facility. Found it very helpful while navigating around the ship as well as on land.

Enjoy your cruise - I took my Mom to Bermuda for her 80th birthday and we had a wonder land-based visit.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to check a HAL cruise from Boston .