Intercontinental v H Inn Port v Miami Marriott Bayside

gordylad

Hi

we have a cruise coming up and only require a hotel for 1 night arriving around 3pm We like the look of the marriott but wondering if its within walking distance to say bayside marketplace? Know that the H Inn is just across the road.

Thanks for any help

Which Marriott? There are multiple in the Downtown/Brickell area.

The Intercontinental is a fantastic location and an easy walk to Bayside. I would take that over pretty much any other hotel in the area.

Also, if you have been to Bayside before, check out some other spots like the new Brickell City Centre. Lots of better places to get dinner and a drink than Bayside. Though Bayside is a nice spot, its a great location and being by the marina is always nice.

Marriott Biscayne Bay is a decent hotel. Not sure about the views, I think some rooms have views of the bay. Its not in as walkable of an area as the Intercontinental or Holiday Inn though. But its about 5-min walk to a metromover station.

If the Intercontinental has a good price book it. You can try to ask for a port view room. Its a great location. Holiday Inn, as you know is also a great location.

We were at the Intercontinental in May and LOVED it. We had a bayview room and every morning the view out our window was like a webcam. All the cruise ships in the harbor. Finally, ours was there.

Bayside Marketplace is just a short, easy walk along the water's edge. We ate there most meals, and took a harbor excursion tour from there. Also, we were two blocks away from a CVS store and Whole Foods for snacks, Cokes, and wine to take on the ship. It is the ONLY PLACE we want to stay fall 2018 when we are in Miami between cruises.

We used Uber from the airport and to South Beach.

We have always stayed at the Intercontinental but the rates have been too high lately so we are trying the JW Marriott Marquis just down the road from the IC in Brickell. It is a five star hotel and we landed it for less than $200. Marquis Miami

The Marriott is FAR better than the IC these days. The IC have got too complacent re cruise customers. ICs is usually my to go to hotel world wide but not in Miami. Marriott offers better value and services by far based on my experiences staying in both in the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to IHG.com and get their credit card. Right now the bonus is 80,000 pts. That's the chain that has everything from Holiday Inn Express to Intercontinental. Annual fee is 49 at the end of the first year and on your card anniversary you get a free room at any property, good for a year. 80,000 points will get you free two to three nights at the IC. We have had our card several years. Our three nights there in May were FREE. The best price of all!

Go to IHG.com and get their credit card. Right now the bonus is 80,000 pts. That's the chain that has everything from Holiday Inn Express to Intercontinental. Annual fee is 49 at the end of the first year and on your card anniversary you get a free room at any property, good for a year. 80,000 points will get you free two to three nights at the IC. We have had our card several years. Our three nights there in May were FREE. The best price of all!

The IC Miami now requires 50,000 points per night for a city view room. They no longer upgrade IHG Card holders or loyalty members to bay view automatically Only those given Royal Ambassador status by IHG ( this is by invite only needs at least 10 paid nights a year in IC hotels) are given free lounge access.

Anyone in the U.K., the card is not giving the same benefits (much less) and the provider is no longer Barclaycard but is a subsidiary of BNP called Creation. The service is AWFUL- read Flyertalk IHG Pages. Many people have complaints logged with The Ombudsman for non credit of points.

The IC Miami now requires 50,000 points per night for a city view room. They no longer upgrade IHG Card holders or loyalty members to bay view automatically Only those given Royal Ambassador status by IHG ( this is by invite only needs at least 10 paid nights a year in IC hotels) are given free lounge access.

Anyone in the U.K., the card is not giving the same benefits (much less) and the provider is no longer Barclaycard but is a subsidiary of BNP called Creation. The service is AWFUL- read Flyertalk IHG Pages. Many people have complaints logged with The Ombudsman for non credit of points.

We stayed at IC Miami in May for 30K points a night and were given a bayview on the 16th floor. I don't have massive points, I did write in my comments I'd love a bayview, and it happened. We have really good luck with ours. We are using an annual anniversary night in Galveston on the beach next weekend, and have a 5,000 point breaks room the night before that. Works great for us.

Last year when we stayed at the

Marriott they had a free shuttle into Miami Beach as well. And the views were awesome esp from the concierge lounge. It was also great to eat breakfast outside and look right across the bay at all

The cruise ships. If I remember the marriott also is connected to a small shopping mall with restaurants. They even had a convenience store in the mall with sandwiches, pop, beer, liquor and wine (although the prices were touristy- I would just walk the less than half mile to the Publix). We are staying there again in October and I managed to use a Look No further rate to get a room for $98.xx so it was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums