Wonderland on the Anthem

My daughter still talks about our meal at Wonderland. She was 12 at the time and the only thing we had that she did not like was the tomato water in the test tube. Everything else she loved. My son on the other hand was 17 at the time, we never even bothered to bring him with us. He would have preferred to eat the napkins than pretty much anything that was served;p

dp

When my family dined in Wonderland on anthem last week, it was a mixed experience for me. I enjoyed the Shrimp Kataifi very much, the Beef Short rib was good as well, not the best short rib I have had but very good, The Reconstructed Caprese was not good and I can see why they are taking off the menu. The Vegetables in the Garden were good but not great, My wife and Daughters for Starters had the Wonton Soup which they enjoyed and they all had the Chicken dish for the Main course, which was ok, Roasted French Cut Chicken with Mashed potatoes.. The desserts we had the Chocolate Sphere which was Delicious and we had the Baked Alaska which was a waste of a dessert, it literally was a scoop of chocolate ice cream with toasted Meringue a far cry from Traditional Baked Alaska and almost as if no thought was given to the preparation of the dessert... Will I go again on my next cruise, sure it's a vacation a someplace that you would normally not eat in. Would I go multiple times on one cruise, I don't think so, there are too many places to try.

I went on Harmony (I assume the menu is the same) and it was my least favorite of all the restaurants we visited, including the MDR. We went to Coastal Kitchen, 150 Central Park, Sabor, Izumi Hibachi and Wonderland. I would never go back to Wonderland, but all the others (except maybe Izumi Hibachi) I either went more than once on that cruise or will go back again on a future cruise.

I think if you're not very adventurous with your eating and not very skilled or adventurous in the kitchen you'll be impressed, but the 2/3 adults in my party who are adventurous and pretty good cooks weren't. The service in Wonderland (and Izumi, and somewhere else I think) was just off too. Not necessarily bad, but just....off. In any case we had the Shirmp Kataifi, Deviled Egg, Crab Cake Cone, Short Rib, Chicken, Pork Belly, Deconstructed Caprese, melty sphere dessert, dessert with raspberry sorbet/ice cream (easily the best part of the meal) and some other desert I think.

All of it (with the exception of the dessert with the raspberry ice cream) was just fine.

When my family dined in Wonderland on anthem last week, it was a mixed experience for me. I enjoyed the Shrimp Kataifi very much, the Beef Short rib was good as well, not the best short rib I have had but very good, The Reconstructed Caprese was not good and I can see why they are taking off the menu. The Vegetables in the Garden were good but not great, My wife and Daughters for Starters had the Wonton Soup which they enjoyed and they all had the Chicken dish for the Main course, which was ok, Roasted French Cut Chicken with Mashed potatoes.. The desserts we had the Chocolate Sphere which was Delicious and we had the Baked Alaska which was a waste of a dessert, it literally was a scoop of chocolate ice cream with toasted Meringue a far cry from Traditional Baked Alaska and almost as if no thought was given to the preparation of the dessert... Will I go again on my next cruise, sure it's a vacation a someplace that you would normally not eat in. Would I go multiple times on one cruise, I don't think so, there are too many places to try.

I don't recognise most items you mention.... I think they have changed the menu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk