Malta Beaches

I was there for a week and we never went to a beach except for the fishing village of Marxxalox (sp) and I wouldn't really have wanted to swim there. If you plan on staying around Valetta there aren't any. The best beach we saw was on Gozo. I wouldn't make Malta a beach stop, there's much more history to look into.

Agree, you can take a bus to beaches but none would be worth going to in my mind.

The beaches are mostly rock not sand based. You can rent a chair and umbrella at some places but not really what Aussies call beaches.

There are some nice villages that have a bay with small fishing boats. but I wouldn't be visiting those places for the beach. Marsascala and masaxlokk are 2 villages rather nice and you can have a nice meal in one of the cafes. We will be staying in Marsascala in a few weeks.

A better suggestion would be to take the Hornblower Boat to the Blue Lagoon (go for a nice swim in that beautiful spot) in Comino and they will even work in a side trip to Gozo. It was one of our favorite days on the cruise. The Hornblower people have a bus waiting right outside of the cruise terminal. It's a long day, but a very good one.

• 7 months later...
We will be in Malta on Oct 9 on Jewel of the Seas. Wondering if there are any beaches close by that we could go to?

If you haven’t already joined- the roll call for that cruise is very active. Lots of info and groups to join. The people are so nice. We would love to have you!

Deb

• 5 months later...
A better suggestion would be to take the Hornblower Boat to the Blue Lagoon (go for a nice swim in that beautiful spot) in Comino and they will even work in a side trip to Gozo. It was one of our favorite days on the cruise. The Hornblower people have a bus waiting right outside of the cruise terminal. It's a long day, but a very good one.

This sounds exactly like something we are looking for. Did you set this up in advance on a website?