Barcelona. Shuttle from airport to hotel?

cinnamon

Thanks Londontowner. We've investigated this now and it seems that the Aerobus is the way to go. Our hotel is just 400m from the Placa Catalunya stop so I'm sure we'll be able to handle the luggage that far. At €11.80 for two it's a good deal.

Will need a taxi to the port the next day anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've used Aerobus multiple times and can recommend it (even with my elderly mother) Just be careful to keep an eye on your all bags while loading one. We usually have one person to watch while the other person lifts them on board one at a time. Apparently there have been instances of theft by bystanders in the past

Thanks for the advice Sue. It is easy to feel a little zonked when travelling, even after a short flight, and take your eye off the ball, I mean the luggage. [emoji6]

We have always found the taxis in Barcelona to be a good choice.

Can the taxis handle 2 reg. luggage 2 carry-on and a backpack, are they like our SUV or sedans we will be on the Horizon next year.

We also lived in Columbia Md for 22 years

Can the taxis handle 2 reg. luggage 2 carry-on and a backpack, are they like our SUV or sedans we will be on the Horizon next year.

We also lived in Columbia Md for 22 years

You can wait for a mini van taxi. Last year four of us went in one taxi, with cruise luggage.

We did the bus. Went smooth. Had to cab it back when we left due to time of day (ungodly early). Cab deliberately took us the long way and tried charging extra. Took a photo of his id and vehicle, emailed the company and was refunded once we got home.

It depends on how much luggage you have and how far you want to carry it... the airport bus is a long walk from terminals as I recall... taxi is much easier... not that expensive too.

Perhaps you're thinking of somewhere else. The airport bus stops right outside the terminal buildings, just yards away

We'll be taking it tomorrow. I believe it's €1.90 per person and I don't think they take cards. You'll need to get some Euros at an ATM in the airport but Don't use an exchange bureau, they're a ripoff.

Aerobus, price 5.90€ (five, not one!)

If directly on board you must pay cash to the driver. If bought at the ticket vending machines, you can pay by ccard (VISA or Mastercard). There are machines at both terminus, on terminals T1 and T2 at the airport and at Plaça Catalunya, at the stop in front of El Corte Inglés Department Store.

You can purchase them online in advance too, for convenience: http://www.aerobusbcn.com

Best exchange rate is ALWAYS at the bank branches: Banc de Sabadell, CaixaBank, BBVA, Santander, etc. There are plenty of them in the city -and at the airport. A convenient one, from CaixaBank, is located also in Plaça Catalunya, opposite of the above mentioned dept store, in front of the hoho bus stops.

Aerobus, price 5.90€ (five, not one!)

If directly on board you must pay cash to the driver. If bought at the ticket vending machines, you can pay by ccard (VISA or Mastercard). There are machines at both terminus, on terminals T1 and T2 at the airport and at Plaça Catalunya, at the stop in front of El Corte Inglés Department Store.

You can purchase them online in advance too, for convenience: http://www.aerobusbcn.com

Best exchange rate is ALWAYS at the bank branches: Banc de Sabadell, CaixaBank, BBVA, Santander, etc. There are plenty of them in the city -and at the airport. A convenient one, from CaixaBank, is located also in Plaça Catalunya, opposite of the above mentioned dept store, in front of the hoho bus stops.

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cinnamon, can you give us the name of your Hotel near Placa Catalunya and the price for two people . We are cruising on the 28 Oct 2017. We need a Hotel for the 27 Oct at a good cost . Thanks for any help in this request . Bob