Hotel recommendations in Barcelona/airport transfers?

kuddles14

Hi, I sailed from Barcelona earlier this month:)...........it was FANTASTIC:D.........I stayed at the HOTEL PULITZER and booked a private car service through the hotel. Driver was waiting for me with a sign that had my name on it. Everything went really smoothly.:)

Hope you have a wonderful trip.:D

Last time we were in Barcelona we also stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer. It's about 50m from Plaza Catalunya, so very central.

The frequent Aerobus from the airport stops close by.cant remember exact fare, but about €6 each. Much cheaper than a taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be going on our first Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona next year. I am

Looking for recommendations for hotels and transfers from airport to hotel and then hotel to port. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For your first Mediterranean cruise you have picked the best port, it is very easy. We have gone in and out of Barcelona many times. Going again in october, taking the Royal back to Florida.

We have stayed out at the airport, at the two Hiltons in town and at the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Carlton)... we are staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar on our next visit (it is located with views of the city and the Mediterranean, so our favorite place to stay) We prefer to be off the beaten track. It is located at the opposite end of Barcelona from the Airport... about a 40 euro taxi ride from the airport, to the port from there would guess roughly 20 euro ride. We do not bother to book a private car pickup in Barcelona... just as easy to get a taxi at the airport or the port.

What I would recommend in using a taxi is to have the hotel name - address and phone written out for the taxi driver, so there is not confusion in communications.

HOpe you enjoy Barcelona and your cruise.

For your first Mediterranean cruise you have picked the best port, it is very easy. We have gone in and out of Barcelona many times. Going again in october, taking the Royal back to Florida.

We have stayed out at the airport, at the two Hiltons in town and at the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Carlton)... we are staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar on our next visit (it is located with views of the city and the Mediterranean, so our favorite place to stay) We prefer to be off the beaten track. It is located at the opposite end of Barcelona from the Airport... about a 40 euro taxi ride from the airport, to the port from there would guess roughly 20 euro ride. We do not bother to book a private car pickup in Barcelona... just as easy to get a taxi at the airport or the port.

What I would recommend in using a taxi is to have the hotel name - address and phone written out for the taxi driver, so there is not confusion in communications.

HOpe you enjoy Barcelona and your cruise.

Thank you . Definitely writing out the address . Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our family stayed at the Hotel Europark this past January and it was great. Just booked another cruise out of Barcelona and booked 5 days pre cruise again at the Hotel Europark. We will be there for New Year's Eve and looking forward to it.

It is a modern hotel and has thousands of positive reviews on TripAdvisor. After staying there we concur.

Paul

Our family stayed at the Hotel Europark this past January and it was great. Just booked another cruise out of Barcelona and booked 5 days pre cruise again at the Hotel Europark. We will be there for New Year's Eve and looking forward to it.

It is a modern hotel and has thousands of positive reviews on TripAdvisor. After staying there we concur.

Paul

We will be staying @ Hotel Europark on our upcoming Horizon cruise will be there 4 days Pre cruise i booked the breakfast pkg, did you have this the breakfast, is it walking distance to tourist sights i read the reviews but would like your first hand Pros, and Cons. How much to cruise port,and airport to hotel.